Flash Crash Update

Discussion in 'Trading' started by psytrade, Mar 9, 2011.

1. In war and especially nuclear war this obfuscation was quite clever.

It's not the Fed because the dileneation in the charts where it started up was about the time it would take to determine the trajectory of a missile like that, and if having Arabs fight special forces to rescue you the night before you discuss this is any indication about my conspiritorial ideas, I think that since I came across the discussion I'm more than in the know.

Not sure if CNBC really wanted to report on it, because a lot of the time they show a clip of that rocket, but this one was slightly different and the rocket did "twist" in what looked like a military trajectory toward a target. Most test fires simply fly straight and narrow whereas this video appeared to head towards a land based target.

NK's did not (ie: it was probably straight and narrow).

MAD is won by Game Theory. Brinksmanship can't be won by pre-announcement, therefore North Korea was only playing brinksmanship since they know they can't win by MAD, and they don't play the game.

#41     Jun 29, 2013
  2. I will only take back my ideas here if anyone can tell me whether a financial transaction tax was in that bill.

If that tax was legislated and actually made it for a vote, then, yes, that'll do it, but nuclear war seems to be more likely.

Seems odd that there'd be 2 issues that'd have the same effect so I guess overemphasizing the destruction of our global economy through show of force was a good idea.

I'm not sure if the launch was "scheduled", that could just be a way to calm the publics' fear of problems like these and the loss of a lifetime of wealth in one day.

The reason the Iranian missile launch would have this effect rather than NK is because if Iran really was to make war, they wouldn't announce it. NK announced it, which means they wouldn't do it.

You can play MAD a few times in the prisoner's dilemna, which I'd won overwhelmingly as a Sophomore at Centre College.

FTT in the USA probably would trigger enough globally societal problems to immediately start with Nuclear Holocaust.

#42     Jun 29, 2013
  3. I think a million or so of my brain cells just died, screaming in agony, as I read and attempted to understand the drivel above. Why oh why did I venture into this thread?

#43     Jun 29, 2013
  4. Oh, good, someone to ignore above.

Please don't quote them, and delete their comments if necessary.

#44     Jun 29, 2013