Flash Crash Update

Discussion in 'Trading' started by psytrade, Mar 9, 2011.

1. Bob111

Bob111

once again..i suggest to take a look at the intraday charts..or trade for 10 years or so..just to know and feel the difference...
    the issue is that the liquidity disappears every time when real(regardless small retail or not) order steps in...as for spreads...you be the fucking judge..according to my records 3 years ago spread on my stocks(i build portfolio based on avg.volume and stock price. that's it) use to ne 0.2%, now it's 0.6% during flat market and up to 1% if there is any movement...yea..fucking great and liquid...

#11     Mar 9, 2011
  2. You're talking about a little guy reading charts, who adds less fundamental information to the market than HFT. I'm talking about the market as a whole and outside your noise trading scenario.

Edit: Markets and their structure have changed dramatically and will continue to change. Instead of bitterly priding yourself on a loss you incurred because you had no counterparty to trade with during the events of May 6, you should try adapting to the evolving markets.

#12     Mar 9, 2011

3. Flash orders had absolutely nothing to do with the flash crash.

#13     Mar 9, 2011
  4. risky63

risky63

thats right......

#14     Mar 9, 2011
  5. Oh dear the age old way to protect HFT criminals, by accusing the HFT hater of being bitter for losses. I traded the flash crash and had plenty of counterparties to trade with and though I was long on the way down, I finished the day nicely up, so sorry to disappoint you but your wrong on that one.

I also presumed that you don't trade and you have proved me right.
    You are attributing a discussion about HFT's to "the market as a whole and outside your noise trading scenario" and not " little guy reading charts." Well what do you think HFT's are??!?!??! HFT's are in and out of trades quicker and for less of a profit than even the most miserly normal scalper is. Again I'm sorry to break the news to you but HFT's don't trade like Warren Buffett:D

#15     Mar 9, 2011
  6. Yeah your right, that's why its not called the flash crash LOL. Jeez!:confused:

#16     Mar 9, 2011
  7. I strongly urge you (and everyone else who can't see the clear picture) to step out of the stone age and either adapt to the changing markets or find a new career path. Consider yourselves warned.

#17     Mar 9, 2011
  8. Warn me? Why what will you do, order stuff my azzz into submission?
    Darling the only thing youve proved here is you know NOTHING about this industry. If being in a golden age is criminal frontrunning and insider trading with a strategy based solely on screwing over normal traders then I'll stay right where I am. Now turn your nerdbox on and cross your fingers that the market dont move.

#18     Mar 9, 2011
  9. Your user ID serves you well. Would you mind explaining what a flash order is, and how it relates to the flash crash?

While of course I would love to trade in markets where human beings foolishly work large customer orders all day long, I think most - if not all - the professionals in this business have come to accept, and learn to do profitable business with, the machines.

It's quite clear when someone is unprofitable, frustrated, seeking excuses, and blaming others...

#19     Mar 9, 2011
  10. promagma

promagma

+1 JJ is so clueless

#20     Mar 9, 2011