Flash Crash Ii

Discussion in 'Trading' started by KINGOFSHORTS, Jan 11, 2011.

1. EPrado

EPrado

Holy shit. You finally had the balls to reply to me. Took you long enough. I specifically remember a day where you came into my room, where I was training the new overnight guys. You telling them about the huge swings in your account. I went down to GL's office and asked him about the numbers you were blabbing about. . He rolled his eyes, showed me your account on his screen. It was hilarious. You multiplied your your P/L tenfold. Face it dude. You like to talk a lot of shit.

I didn't trade in Fisher's room. I was there before he ever came to Schonfeld. But I did train him to be an overnighter when he first started trading. He and some of the other guys who went on to be huge traders started with me as overnighters. I just showed them the ropes...they took the ball and ran with it. I'll never take credit for their success...but it's cool that some of the guys that I trained ended up doing great.

I traded with RM before you got there. Helluva trader......great guy. Not sure who was in his group after I moved to the other side of the office. Hopefully they had more success than you. How he didn't throw you out the fucking window is amazing. I sure would have.

As far as waiting tables? I started trading well before you came into the biz, and am still trading doing fine. No waiting tables for me .....son. You really need to let go that you failed as a trader. That and quit fucking lying about everything on here.

#41     Jan 11, 2011
  2. I position trade Equities, asswipe.

#42     Jan 11, 2011
  3. Interesting....

The only one I knew that use to trade with RM ended up trading oil for while.

When you were "Teaching" the overnight Guys, I had just started at Schonfeld. So, the first few months you are only allowed 100-300 shares per position and low buying power. So, I believe you when you said you looked at the screen in GLs office. The time frame explains it.

Second...not sure "What end" you went to in the building but if you do not know who RM ended his Schonfeld career, then you must have left way before me. As He did very well.

Not sure what "Overnight" guys did very well as after April 2000, when the drop in the Dow was around 600 points in one day, the firm policy was No more Overnights. I also had Overnight privlages, ass clown.

So, I after reading your last post, I know you were at schonfeld.

However, you are the one with your facts twisted. But I don't care.
    Who give's a fuck about you.

The only other name I have heard in the last few years, was from a group out of Austin called Kershner. He is good friends with Larry and told me Larry is doing real well. That is the last I heard about any of the schonfeld guys other than RM who does his own thing.

In fact two years ago I had lunch with Steven in NYC. I talked to him about a few Oil plays we had in the Bakken Shale and see if he wanted to invest. Nothing every came of it but he brought me up to date with what happen to Schonfeld in general.

#43     Jan 11, 2011
  4. EPrado

EPrado

The fact that you "only" traded 100-300 shares is fine. the fact that you lied your ass off others there is pretty fucking weak. But that was you. You were a loudmouth punk.

I traded with RM on a desk with GL, and a bunch of other guys. RM sat two seats down from me in the corner behind his gigantic fan. Before your time. Before his group.

The other end of the office was down by DB's guys. I left to go work for a CTA well after they canned a huge part of the office that one day. There might have been like 20-30 guys left when I finally left The Chicago office. Was right before they shut the office and moved everyone over to BAM. I am pretty sure you were gone by then.

The firm NEVER took overnight privileges away from everyone. Maybe the guys who had no idea how to manage risk...sure. But I overnighted until the day I left that office. To this day Schonfeld still does a lot of overnight trading. Again...more information you have wrong. The day the dow dropped 800 and Nas dropped 500, it was a lot of daytraders who got in big trouble. Bought the dip and kept buying. Not sure it had anything to do with overnighting. A few guys in DB's group took a beating they never recovered from.

IF you had a meeting with Schonfeld I would have loved to been a fly on the wall for that. Shocking...he did not do any biz with you.

#44     Jan 11, 2011
  5. candles

candles

flash crash, flash crash!!! Oh...wait.
    LOL.
    AWESOME rally!!! Should see 1350 soon.

#45     Jan 12, 2011
  6. Fake sell off brewing. [​IMG]

#46     Jan 12, 2011
  7. S2007S

S2007S

Jam the markets higher at the open and let them stay there all day long.

Dow dipped from 11770+ to 11750, thats the buying opportunity of the week!!!

#47     Jan 12, 2011
  8. That is the problem with Oriental traders, they cannot change strategy on a dime in our dynamic trading environment with so much happening so fast.

Remember you need to be able to change your mind in a split second if you feel your initial hunch is incorrect and go take the other side of the trade quickly. Thats why you dont see Orientals trading in the pits.

#48     Jan 12, 2011
  9. Anyone buy da dip ? [​IMG]

#49     Jan 13, 2011
  10. i am buying!

as soon as the vertical drop amounts to ~5% :D

#50     Jan 13, 2011