Fla RE- will volume return

Discussion in 'Economics' started by jem, Mar 20, 2007.

1. I doubt there's net outflows but certainly there's a pronounced migration.

The poor are being weeded out.

Hopefully Rubio's plan for property tax reduction (or even elimination) will mitigate insurance rates.

I'm not sure insurance needs to be "reformed". It is what it is. Underwriters can freely enter the market if there's a perceived profit opportunity. Instead they see Florida as one huge risk.

#31     Mar 21, 2007
  2. companies wanting to do business in Cuba/Caribbean will set up shop in Miami is what I said, dont quote me out of context.

Also "some others" like rich Brazilians, Argentinians, Chileans, etc.. is that what you mean? I can assure you there are plenty of those..

#32     Mar 21, 2007
  3. TM1

TM1

Nice find, I rarely read our local paper so I missed that article. Reading the comments at the end of the article I think says it all from a working class point of view.

#33     Mar 21, 2007
  4. blast19

blast19

Where did I "quote" you at all, let alone out of context? You really are smoking something.

How many is plenty? Statistics please?

#34     Mar 21, 2007
  5. jem

jem

there is one other thing about fla and outflows. Once you live here it is very hard to choose to be cold. The longer I live here the less warm San Diego seems.

I am looking forward to summer. I can't believe that.

#35     Mar 21, 2007
  6. I have no idea how people can handle the humidity. Ill take a cooler drier san diego over hot muggy FL any day

#36     Mar 21, 2007
  7. jem

jem

the rain bugs me, which is why I detest september here. To deal with the humidity you have to be working out and having fun on the water.

#37     Mar 21, 2007