Fla RE- will volume return

Discussion in 'Economics' started by jem, Mar 20, 2007.

1. That is not entirely true Corernicus.

There are shops in Miami with window signs stating
    "we speak inglès aquì"

#21     Mar 21, 2007
  2. blast19

blast19

Caracas? Caracas isn't exactly known for its vast loads of wealthy individuals...you're going to have to do better than point to rich people from Venezuela and some others from the rest of Latin America to make the point that Miami is a prime market.

Also, setting up shop in Miami? Pass the joint bro, that was a far out there comment.

#22     Mar 21, 2007

3. Wow, what a creative way to say absolutely nothing of value.

Hey I know, in 20 years the stock market will be higher than it is today! Shocking!

In 20 years, the dollar will be worth less, shocking!

In 20 years there will still be people stating the obvious on the internet :D

We know we know, you are a hard core real estate perma-bear, worried about losing his real estate holdings value.

:eek:

#23     Mar 21, 2007
  4. Is Buffalo more developed than 20 years ago? No.

Is the Nikkei higher than 20 years ago? No.

Florida's population continues to grow. The country is getting older. The allure of a warm weather state with no income tax and a homestead exemption is not going to subside.

Since I'll never sell my home I don't care what it's value is.

#24     Mar 21, 2007
  5. ElCubano

ElCubano

I couldnt agree with you more...and while you cant say where the bottom is and how much pain you may hold; looking forward I'd say this is a pretty solid prediction...

#25     Mar 21, 2007
  6. A bit of jealousy on this thread, eh bro?

Remind's me of the Go-Go's song This Town, written about another maligned yet awesome place, Los Angeles.

"This town is our town
    It is so glamorous
    Bet you'd live here if you could
    And be one of us"

#26     Mar 21, 2007
  7. ElCubano

ElCubano

I can assure you that while money will flow out of miami into cuba ( people are waiting in the sidelines here to pour money into all kinds of shit in cuba from infrastructure to hardware stores ) ..many and I mean many venezualens are knocking down doors to come over..so while corni may be off in country alone he is most certainly not off in south americans wanting to live here...

#27     Mar 21, 2007
  8. TM1

TM1

It's already losing it's allure; it used to be fairly cheap to live here, not any more. Without some meaningful type of insurance reform this state is doomed. I'd be interested in knowing the latest population numbers, I think there are as many exiting as coming these days.

#28     Mar 21, 2007
  9. Cherry picking doesnt help.
    I doubt you'll find anyone who thinks florida will be less developed in 20 years. Again, stating the obvious.

Then theres that global warming problem. If it accelerates, maybe florida will be half under water by then :D

#29     Mar 21, 2007
  10. You may be right.

Three major moving companies are taking more people out of the state than into it.

http://www.sptimes.com/2007/01/26/State/Do_stats_show_Florida.shtml

#30     Mar 21, 2007