FL Real Estate Market

Discussion in 'Economics' started by SiSePuede!, May 26, 2007.

1. they finally agreed on a property tax law cut.
    For everyone with property under 500k its actually pretty good, all in all accounts for at least 50% reduction in total bill.

#41     Jun 9, 2007
  2. that property tax cut is a joke

no portability on homestead

save our homes is eliminated on new assessments

they are rolling taxes back 1 year (9% in miami dade) while housing has gone up about 130% in last 4 yrs ....vs personal income / inflation ofa bout 20%

florida is great place to live ...dont get me wrong..im not leaving anytime soon..but the gov't is a joke (esp miami - dade )

AND the property tax situation is a DISGRACE

#42     Jun 10, 2007
  3. I'm going to be lazy. What is the net effect if I sell to the new buyer? Where does his property tax come in? I would say, as a percentage of what I pay?

#43     Jun 10, 2007
  4. not sure if this is answering your ? but he is going to pay based on what he paid for it or assessed value.

75% of first 200k exempt from taxes
    15% on 200-500k
    nothing over 500k

plus 50k knocked off that as a homestead exemption if I understand that plan correctly. All in all the bill gets cut by about 50% on something under 500k, at least if it stays as it is.

so lets say i have a 500k house, before I paid 10k, now about 5k on a homestead property.

#44     Jun 10, 2007
  5. That's what I thought. It'll help move some property. A lot of folks balked at new homes because they weren't sure how much they would get zapped.

Funny thing is, all these municipalities crying. My city says, we'll have to outsource the cops, waste removal and electricity to save money. Jobs will be lost. My thought is, why are we pissing away money. if we could save money, we should have done it before. Not my job to employ people. Governments waste, waste, waste.

#45     Jun 10, 2007
  6. THE VERY HIGH END IN FLORIDA IS GOING EVEN HIGHER WITH EVEN LESS SUPPLY...........AND I MEAN 3.5 MIL AND UP FOR THE HIGH END.....ESPECIALLY OCEANFRONT OR OCEAN VIEW IN PALM BEACH AND MARTIN COUNTYS

IN MARTIN COUNTY TIGER WOODS JUST PAID 50 MILLION FOR HIS PLACE....2X HIGHER THAN THE PREVIOUS HIGH PRICE IN THE AREA

AND LOOK AT THE PLACE TRUMP HAS REDONE ON THE OCEAN PRICE 125 MILLION ....AND HE WILL GET IT

FLORIDA REAL ESTATE IS SIMPLE ...BUY ONLY ON A BARRIER ISLAND AND YOU WILL MAKE MONEY....

AND NOW IS THE TIME TO INVEST ...BEST AREA MARTIN COUNTY
    THATS THE SPOT

#46     Jun 12, 2007
  7. Mayimbe

Mayimbe

the brickell/Coral Gable's area are the "wall street" for latin americans and right now there's a lot rich latinos who are moving their assets to that area, from venezuela's new oil tycoons Throught brazilians Coffee Baron's... other than that, most of the south florida real estate is in coma.

#47     Jun 12, 2007