"Fixing" Options Trades

Discussion in 'Options' started by lightrader, Mar 24, 2012.

1. This thread reminds me of this famous scene:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LqeC3BPYTmE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

IVTrader, "respectfully", I think you've got your ass handed to you by the above two gents.

Isn't this the community you speak of?

http://www.optionpit.com/

And as a tip on courtesy, please don't ever begin a sentence or a rebuttal with "respectfully"... everyone knows you're not tryna be respectful when you say that.

P-l-e-a-s-e

#31     Mar 29, 2012
  2. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

Atticus summed up what I was trying to say far more articulately.

Don't confuse your options position with your view. It's still an iron condor, but a delta hedged Iron Condor does not express the same view as an outright Iron Condor. Just like an outright call doesn't express the same view as a delta hedged call. Both are long gamma/vega paying theta.

I am surprized that someone called IVTrader doesn't know this.

It's been my experience that a lack of intellectual honesty is a major hurdle to profitability.

#32     Mar 29, 2012
  3. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

$10,000/year! What a business model! Babu, start a website like this. And just get 20 suckers. You'll make a good living.

#33     Mar 29, 2012
  4. Yeah, come to think of it, I would guess I know at least 70% of what they probably teach.

Now I may not follow the same lingo. I might have an intuitive understanding of it in other ways but I'm sure any average intelligent person would know at least 70% of it without paying.

Now, I'll admit about 30% might be some advanced strategies, etc.

But I can live with that. Basics make me money.

EDIT:

A simple Red Hat straddle that I closed immediately on open made me $500 this morning...

Geez, I was thinking on dropping a course yesterday and wondering about the waste of those $600 bucks i spent on it.

No regrets anymore!

#34     Mar 29, 2012
  5. I'd mention that a short gamma condor is long gamma outside the wing-strikes, but I'd be wasting my time preaching to the "repair" pros. Oooops.

#35     Mar 29, 2012
  6. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

Save it for your interview in expiring monthy.

#36     Mar 29, 2012
  7. There should be a LIKE or better yet, "FUNNIEST JOKE OF THE DAY!" button.

newwurldmn, that seriously made me laugh. i couldnt stop for an entire minute...

HAHAHAHAHAHA

#37     Mar 29, 2012
  8. #38     Mar 29, 2012
  9. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

His blog has some interesting things. I did the trial for his newsletter but it was pretty mundane.

#39     Mar 29, 2012
  10. We can only dream.

#40     Mar 29, 2012