Fixed Pegged orders cancels intermittently or "zombies" as a hidden live order..

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Bad_Badness, Oct 18, 2021.

1. Bad_Badness

Bad_Badness

Hi All,

Does anyone understand the behavior of a "fixed pegged" orders?

Steps:
    Place a MKT order to enter LONG with a Adjustable Stop: trigger = Parent +1 Tick, Stop = Parent -20 ticks, Trail amount 5.00 (20 ticks).
    Submit the order to Enter market.
    Price advances 1 tick and Trigger is hit.

Result: Stop order now reads as Fixed Pegged with an UPDATE button available.

If you click Update, an error occurs: " Invalid field #18..."

If you close the position manually, and then send a "cancel all open and pending orders", sometimes the fixed pegged order cancels, sometime it does not cancel.

It get stranger. Every once in a while, the order appears to cancel but is still active, so you can enter the market. In the example above you end up entering SHORT.

2. ValeryN

ValeryN

Hopefully solution exists for that particular situation.

Because of this class of problems (lack of IB features to dynamically size orders and update them) I wrote my own software to do that. So solution might not exist at IB level.

On the other hand, if that's something that's supposed to work - chat with IB support. Some people trash their support, but they've been always most helpful when I had questions.

Val

3. Bad_Badness

Bad_Badness

Thanks Val,

I sent a ticket to IB. I will see what they say. I think it is unsupported. I already implemented work around trade settings, so it is not blocking trading.

ValeryN likes this.
  4. Bad_Badness

Bad_Badness

I sent a reproducible bug report, but the receiving person did not attempt to reproduce the issue following the steps.

The bug report I sent had reproducible steps in all three builds (Stable, Latest, Beta). I have decided to stop submitting bug reports to IB.

I have a work around and don't want to spend more time on this issue. If they want to ignore it, that is OK with me.