FIX Protocol Training in NYC?

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by BLip, Jun 29, 2009.

1. BLip

BLip

Let me preface my question with the statement that I have already done a Google search and have found very limited results, so I thought I'd post to ET.

Does anyone know if there are any training/certification classes for the FIX protocol in NYC?

I am a systems developer in another industry and want to get into systems development for financial institutions... and a lot job postings require knowledge of FIX. I've read books on the topic, but am looking for something more concrete to add to my resume.

Any suggestions/assistance is greatly appreciated.

2. I wouldn't hire you if you bothered to waste money learning FIX, or even FAST FIX. Just read the docs and find some broker/exchange that lets you use it, and go for it.

3. kandlekid

kandlekid

I agree with LL. Get a FIX engine, connect it to another, throw some messages at it, and see the result.
    Learn how to connect, manage a reconnect, (re) synchronize the sequence numbers, etc.

4. rosy2

rosy2

FIX is probably less than 40% of the messaging being done. All the exchanges seem to have there own proprietary protocols which are faster than FIX.

5. weitau

weitau