Fitness causing insomnia

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Slartibartfast, Oct 17, 2018.

1. ElCubano

ElCubano

all the health in the world can be tossed out the window if not sleeping right. This is when our body regenerates and repairs itself. Primary food for humans is sleep, stress and then food in that order. You could be a heathy eater if you don't have S & S in check you might as well eat mcky d's.

#11     Oct 17, 2018
    Slartibartfast likes this.
  2. I think when many these old timers want to stay fit, they are really saying I want to stave off the diseases of gluttony and aging. They don't really care about their time in the IronMan, or on their treadmill :)

They are misguided...in their endeavor however well intentioned.

They are asking the wrong questions.

It's not this simple, and the damage is already done. :(

#12     Oct 17, 2018
  3. I don't eat after 6.30 but maybe too much time on the phone is contributing. I've been trying to get out of wasting time shouting at pigeons in politics and on social media more for local projects.

I hit my 'number' for trading profits with the expected drop recently. Guess I'm seriously retired now and in transition to I only have my little projects to entertain me.

I used to think a little like that but now I'm getting a bit older..

#13     Oct 17, 2018
  4. late wake up causing insomnia.end of story.

#14     Oct 17, 2018
  5. Yeah usually but this is different. The fitness training is doing 80% of it.

The idea of magnesium etc. from Baron is a good suggestion.

I'll need that anyway as I need to start some fight training next month to get my agility up. I've actually had to get a guy from Belize to come down as there is literally no Colombian big enough to spar with me... Friends in the army here searched and nope, guys who could kill me sure but I'd be looking at the top of their head as they did. :)

Maybe you can send me some monster Russian @fordewind ;)

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
    #15     Oct 17, 2018
  6. Dont you dare to go out after taking magnesium.It may surprise you big time.

I didn`t notice any affection on my sleep, but did affect my stool a lot.lol

#16     Oct 17, 2018
  7. Well.. erectile disfunction is not a concern yet though I do enjoy how my brain is calmer about pretty ladies in the last few years. Moved to a place famous for so many beautiful women and I just settled down in a stable relationship straight away. My bad luck ;)

#17     Oct 17, 2018
  8. destriero

destriero

I doubt this is impacting your sleep, as it's unlikely that you're taking the supps, but the following are extremely impactful to Krebs and will cause insomnia if taken past 10am:

Dhea
    7-Keto Dhea
    HRT (in general)
    CoQ10 and its analogs.

I'd recommend Mg-Orotate for sleep. It's somewhat hard to find outside the states, but it's the optimal magnesium supplement for sleep.

#18     Oct 17, 2018
  9. destriero

destriero

I was in DC and couldn't get an Uber or cab (6am) and had to run 2 miles to the Capitol. I have a reconstructed right ankle and any run over 1/2 a mile is difficult on the foot. I took 2-3 grams of CoQ10 to help with the hangover, et al, and I ran the 2 miles in something like 16 minutes. The problem was that I couldn't get to sleep until 6am the following morning.

#19     Oct 17, 2018
  10. destriero

destriero

7-Keto is like taking speed. You won't notice it but you'll be up all night. Fantastic supplement, but MUST be taking at waking--no later than 10am.

#20     Oct 17, 2018