FishNet

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by MartinS, Oct 5, 2003.

1. looks like sum fish already in net :D

#11     Oct 5, 2003
  2. Peri

Peri

#12     Oct 5, 2003
  3. MartinS

MartinS

There has not been a translation from Swedish as far as I know...my tip is to look at the charts that I will publish at elitetrader.com and get a "feeling" for what is a common up/down-behaviour..

I have written at a website called vcw.se since 1997 about financial markets from the FishNet "perspective" which is a method developed by CGvReis (he is the current editor of VCW)

FishNet consists of many MovAvg..and what you see is how these MovAvg form structures...some which are very tradable, others not

Regards

#13     Oct 6, 2003
  4. MartinS

MartinS

SP500 future daily FishNet chart

• spz.gif
      File size:
      96.7 KB
      Views:
    #14     Oct 6, 2003
  5. Man, I tell 'ya, just when you thought you'd seen all the tricks in the book, a new one just pops out to net yet more little fishes into the net. 'Seems this ocean is just full of them suckers, don't it?

#15     Oct 6, 2003
  6. Basically a bunch of moving averages, isnt it? Like the "ribbon" hehe.

The supposed value could lie in the basic assumption of a moving average representing the average buy/sell price of the participants of the last n number of days. In areas where many mav:s lump together, participants of different timeframes share their average buy/sell value. A drop below such a congestion of different timeframe mav:s and the average buyer of the last 2/3/4....../199/200 days is facing a loss. supposedly.

The chart looks kinda nice anyway.

Joe

#16     Oct 6, 2003
  7. It's human nature... or at least for a beginner to concentrate their focus on selected tops and bottoms.

Place a mechanical signal and the statistical results.

The charts you placed just tells me you've selected a specific time period that fitted your views (in a sense view-fitted unlike curve-fitted like how vendors sell systems).

As of now... all the charts are BS...

Why? So at which point do you decide to buy or sell? Just by looking at the charts during consolidation, I'm sure that the peak Fishnet values are hit on the real time basis, creating chopped entries which leads to losses like a moving average.

So... any results based on mechanical rules?

#17     Oct 6, 2003
  8. Dude, if that is your explanation of the system it completely SUCKS. You have three pages of posts from people who do not understand, and you post that?

Give me a break. Those charts are a bunch of garbage.

#18     Oct 6, 2003
  9. MartinS

MartinS

snooptrader

okidoki...thanks for your comment

#19     Oct 6, 2003
  10. i join snoop's comments!

#20     Oct 6, 2003