Fishing

Discussion in 'Politics' started by SitrusTrader, Mar 10, 2004.

1. agree. but many of the bass in florida are super fat and lazy. i went shiner fishing in the st. john river and my experience was huge 7-10 pound bass but they were just fatsos with very little fight in heavy weeds. not knocking FLA bass, just my experience.

surfer

#11     Mar 10, 2004
  2. I was just going to say. Is everyone going broke?

You know, I just realized two days ago, while I was reading some history documents, how cool is the idea of the library. Then I realized, that I can actually go to the library to get some books that I wanted and that libraries still exist today!!! Wow, I haven't been to a library in ages. I just buy...

#12     Mar 11, 2004
  3. I am in NYC, so I can't wait for the weather to imporve to go fishing. I was however, planning to take a quick weekend fishing trip somewhere. Any specific recommendations? I was looking at North Carolina. Maybe rent a small jonboat or something. Nothing crazy - just peace and quiet.

Please advise

#13     Mar 11, 2004

4. nantucket

surfer

#14     Mar 11, 2004
  5. Yes, but its REALLY cold there. New York is warmer than MA.
    I'm thinking somewhere south where its warmer!

#15     Mar 11, 2004
  6. like catching a 10 pound silver steelhead, with a large flourescent red spinner off of the wall next to the aquarium in chitown, watchin it flip 4 feet out of the water flippin and somtimes spitting the hook out, while taking in the chitiown skyline with the friendly folks there

#16     Mar 11, 2004
  7. ElCubano

ElCubano

BIMINI...... aim the boat at 90 degrees out of government cut south beach and it will take you 1 1/2 to get there more or less ( depends on the power )......great all around fishing ( grouper, snapper, dolphin, yellowtail ) ....

i cant reveal the holy grail spot though.....its within BIMINI and a cornucopia of fish....

#17     Mar 11, 2004
  8. If you are interested in fishing the OBX/NC you can search for Outer Banks and then fishing report on the web. I get it every day but don't read it any more. If you are looking for peace and quiet then Ocracoke Island is your spot. Only entry is by ferry service. At low tide you can probably wade from there to Portsmouth Island which is deserted. Can't get much more peacefull than that.

#18     Mar 11, 2004
  9. interesting thought

#19     Mar 11, 2004
  10. This year for lobster min season we arte takign a 42' hatteras out for three days from the naval base in Key West.....sleeping under the stars,,,,Mahi fishing on way out, shark fishing at night, lobster diving durring the day....and a whole lot of beer consumption....last year we did the mahi thing and it was awesome.....i caught 12 or so.....the bulls are the best.....favorite part though was using a fresh water reel to hook up a 3-5 lb mahi....felt like moby dick

#20     Mar 11, 2004