Fisher: QE not _obviously_ a done deal

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by nitro, Oct 7, 2010.

Is QE2 a done deal?

1. Come on. Of course!

5 vote(s)
    22.7%
  2. No. Not obvious at all, even with Helicopter Ben.

8 vote(s)
    36.4%
  3. I don't know.

6 vote(s)
    27.3%
  4. I don't care, since I am buying Gold hand over fist.

3 vote(s)
    13.6%
  1. Yeah, that data is real credible. Just like the CPI & PPI, which are a clear representation of reality.

Look at the prices that matter, such as the core basics. There is obvious inflation.

#11     Oct 15, 2010
  2. bernanke is out of control

#12     Oct 15, 2010
  3. MKTrader

MKTrader

This is getting to be like an old Saturday Night Live skit. Soon, we'll probably see a live telecast of Ben in a helicopter literally throwing out freshly-minted $100 bills.

#13     Oct 15, 2010
  4. nitro

nitro

Actually, he said something that says he knows just "out of control" he is. He said that in a world economy, Central Bankers have little or no power.

This better not be a structural employment problem, or we are going to be turning into cannibals in the future.

#14     Oct 15, 2010
  5. nitro

nitro

This is our future unless we learn fast:

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wv7J9LtT95w?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wv7J9LtT95w?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

I feel like the professor :(

#15     Oct 15, 2010
  6. Visaria

Visaria

What the hell is DISINFLATION?????????

The numbers from that link, crooked as they are, show persistent inflation.

I can't for the life of me figure out why you guys* would let your authorities to deliberately try and raise your entire cost of living.

*Actually, not fair. The idiots here are trying to do the same thing :(

#16     Oct 15, 2010
  7. I know, it's the same line of bullshit I heard during the last debacle from 03-07..while commodity prices were flying, home prices were going parabolic, etc, etc...Meanwhile, if you looked thru prices paid for any assortment of goods, services, assorted taxes (i.e. local, property, sales, misc. add-on taxes), they literally skyrocketed.

#17     Oct 15, 2010
  8. Larson

Larson Guest

The fed has no tools left, except for QE. They have been exposed. Any talk of draining liquidity is pure bulls$!#(. End of the road for them.

#18     Oct 15, 2010
  9. Deflation is the enemy of central bankers, governments and major financial institutions.
    If you believe there is no inflation, then your eyes are simply closed.
    Are wages growing? No. Are home prices rising? No.
    Are those deflationary components? Sure. But that's all the Fed has to hang their hats on. Everything else is inflationary. Interest rates are low because the Fed is buying debt. The Dollar is collapsing because of this reality as well. This, in turn, is the cause of rising consumer prices. There isn't anything else left to rise.
    If you believe that inflation over the last 12 months has risen 0.1 percent, then you have your head in the sand.
    The Fed is fighting inflation with more inflation.

#19     Oct 16, 2010