Fisetin, Vinpocetine for the brain

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Pekelo, May 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pekelo

Pekelo

Update:

It is kind of hard to tell with these kind of supplements. The only thing I have noticed is that I can follow TV shows easier, specially when I am multitasking. Specially with a series with lots of characters. Compared to the Fisatin, the general well feeling was better on Fisatin. Maybe I should try a combo....

#61     Jul 5, 2018
  2. And there you have it. The Pekelo-approved supplement that enables you to watch TV shows with ensemble casts while multi-tasking (clipping toenails, eating ice cream, etc.). :D

#62     Jul 5, 2018
  3. Pekelo

Pekelo

Another update: General feeling is very good. I am not sure if it is the summer time etc. or partially the effect of Vinpo, but just like with Fisetin, I just feel good. Another thing I noticed, taking it before bed is better than in the morning.

#63     Jul 15, 2018
  4. Does it make you feel warm in summer and cold in winter? :D

#64     Jul 15, 2018
  5. Pekelo

Pekelo

Kind of a related subject because I have just seen a Prevagen ad on TV:

"Class-Action Lawsuit Filed Against “Memory Supplement” Marketers for Prevagen

In January, 2015, a class-action suit was against Quincy Bioscience (QB) LLC the manufacturer of Prevagen. The company claims that the product works by re-supplying memory-related proteins that decline as people age. The lawsuit charges:

• The product cannot work as advertised because its only purported active ingredient, apoaequorin (a protein), is completely destroyed by the digestive system and transformed into common amino acids no different than those derived from other common food products.

• The amount of amino acids Prevagen adds to the user’s intake are trivial in comparison to normal dietary intake.

• Claims that clinical tests demonstrate that Prevagen will improve memory and support healthy brain function, sharper mind, and clearer thinking are false. (Note: QB’s “clinical trials” were conducted in-house and did not have independent verification.)

• Studies touted in Prevagen’s marketing campaign “if they exist at all, are, on their face, so seriously flawed that they demonstrate nothing regarding Prevagen.”

--------------------------

So this is the state of the supplement industry nowadays...

#65     Jul 18, 2018
  6. Pekelo

Pekelo

As I am slowly finishing the bottle of Vinpo, not much change to report. All over physical fitness/mood excellent, but I haven't noticed huge change in memory improvement.

The next candidate is going to be Lion's Mane. This is a mushroom that grows on trees and looks like, well, you can guess. It is used for insomnia, mood, focus, memory and energy. I already ordered it, once I run out of Vinpo, I am switching to this...

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
    #66     Aug 10, 2018
  7. I think you need to find a hobby.

#67     Aug 10, 2018
  8. [​IMG]

#68     Aug 10, 2018
    Frederick Foresight likes this.
  9. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Took Vinpo for about a month - nothing to report. Non-event.

#69     Aug 10, 2018
  10. Pekelo

Pekelo

And the next candidate is:

Magnesium L-Threonate

I was reading up on magnesium in general when this supplement came up. It is used mostly for sleep aid and depression but memory recall was also mentioned. I take a different type of magnesium on and off but when I run out, I will switch to this. Some Amazon reviews:

"but within a week I was sleeping better, had more energy, and was thinking more clearly. A member of my family has experienced restless legs syndrome, and I suggested she take a magnesium supplement (not threonate), The symptoms have stopped."

" After years of insomnia I am finally falling asleep quicker and staying asleep through the night. I have even occasionally had a dream or two! My mood seems to be improving and old memories are being unlocked. "

"Magnesium L-Threonate is the only Magnesium form that is superior in crossing your blood brain barrier. This is the only product that makes me feel instantly better and without the side affect of diarrhea. So usually my problems are headache, dizziness, super tightness around the temple area and just trouble focus and concentrating."

---------------------------------------

Now a sidenote about this journal. I have personal reasons to look for some kind of memory aid. I don't mind the input of others as long as it is somehow constructive or helpful. But I don't get the "all supplement are BS" type of posts. Here I am willing to waste time and money on a quest, you guys should be happy someone else does it for you. Who knows I might find something and if not, you didn't lose anything.

I see several people on my Ignore list have commented and since I don't see their incredible pearls of wisdom, I hope they are enjoying the ride.

Anyhow going back to the current subject of research, Lion's Mane, I only noticed more vivid dreams, but not much better memory, although I am not taking it consistently, due to travels and laziness.

#70     Sep 7, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.