Fisetin, Vinpocetine for the brain

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Pekelo, May 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pekelo

Pekelo

Surely not. And if my pain goes away, do I care if it is placebo or real effect? Hell, no.

Now in this particular case of Fisetin we are talking about better brain and not pain so different standard applies, but generally no, we are not dismissing the placebo effect. But the talked about poster's comments were not productive... He was generally dismissing supplements, and this is not the thread for that.

As an ontopic note: I upped the dosage and started to take 2 pills (100mg) per day because I am going to get smarter twice as fast. The real reason is because I think my general well feeling is due to this Fisetin, and I want to try if this can be increased or what result doubling the dosage would have...

#41     Jun 5, 2018
  2. speedo

speedo

George Sheehan was a cardiologist and marathoner who wrote for Runners World for a number of years. He used to say "we are all an experiment of one."

#42     Jun 5, 2018
  3. Clearly not. That's your job. :D (j/k)

Ya think?

#43     Jun 5, 2018
    DB_sezwhat likes this.
  4. Absolutely. Speaking of which, I have a pill that tastes just like sugar but contains an active ingredient that will make you feel better, smarter, more rested and better focused. It costs $1,000 because it works so convincingly well, and you only have to take it once every 3 months. Think of the savings and convenience. Your new life awaits.

Operators are standing by.

#44     Jun 5, 2018
  5. All I am saying is watch out for the placebo effect, it's real and significant in everything we do and take. Must be taken into consideration when evaluating results and drawing conclusions. That's why double blind studies were created, try to parse the real from the imagined.

#45     Jun 6, 2018
    Frederick Foresight likes this.
  6. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

The old cooking joke comes to mind...something about cooking for 1 hour at 350, and the girl replies "I only have 15 minutes...can I just cook it at 1400?"

#46     Jun 8, 2018
    rocketman987 likes this.
  7. Pekelo

Pekelo

First a note of house keeping. Since now I am good at recognizing that time wasted on idiots is wasted time I never get back, if you don't get a response from me, chances are you are one of the idiots being on my shitlist and I don't see your inanity anyway. There are at least 3 of you. Just keep reading this journal, you might learn something...

If you are still in doubt, just take Fisetin, that will help. :)

-----------------

Now let me share an anecdote because that is the plural of evidence, and I was asked how I would know if Fisetin helped? Last night we had a board game night and I was much better at getting the rules (they take sometimes 20-30 minutes to explain) and figuring out and implementing strategy. I actually won that game.

I know, I know, what you are saying... Remember, I am taking Fisetin so I am smart now and can argue with myself too. I really don't give a rat's ass about nocebo/placebo/IQ test whatever, but generally I do feel pretty damn good. And the saying is, don't change on a winning team.

As a sidenote, I also started to take a turmeric/ginger combo for my back problems and the placebo effect has already kicked in because the morning stiffness stops much faster.

Amazon already delivered Vinpocetine too, but I am going to use up the Fisetin first. I mean we are doing bro science here or what, let's not mix the experiments...

#47     Jun 10, 2018
  8. Pekelo

Pekelo

Since it is rainy and Nadal is winning handsomely, a little research:

"Mice fed a fisetin-enriched diet remained diabetic, but acute kidney enlargement-or hypertrophy-seen in untreated mice was reversed, and high urine protein levels, a sure sign of kidney disease, fell. Moreover, fisetin ingestion ameliorated anxiety-related behaviors seen in diabetic mice. "Most mice put in a large area become exploratory," says Maher. "But anxious mice tend not to move around. Akita mice showed enhanced anxiety behavior, but fisetin feeding restored their locomotion to more normal levels.""

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/06/110627183932.htm

"To ingest fisetin levels equivalent to those fed Akita mice, Maher estimates that humans would have to eat 37 strawberries a day, assuming that strawberry fisetin is as readily metabolizable by humans as fisetin-spiked lab chow is by mice. Rather than through diet, Maher envisions that fisetin-like drugs could be taken as a supplement.

Schubert notes that fisetin is also effective in mouse models of Alzheimer's disease. "We and others have shown that diabetes may be a risk factor for Alzheimer's disease, making identification of a safe prophylactic like fisetin highly significant," he says."

"We will never know if a compound like fisetin works in humans until someone is willing to support a clinical trial."

I do, I do!!!

#48     Jun 10, 2018
  9. Plenty of studies showing thatPerhaps removing sugars from diet not only addresses diabetes and has reversed many cases of Type II but also significantly reduces risk factors for alzheimer's and parkinson's. In fact, several studies on Alzheimer's and parkinson's patients put into a ketogenic diet saw 50-75% reduction in negative symptoms (for example, motor skills improved significantly and shaking reduced significantly in parkinson's patients).

I would say rather than a supplement to increase protection, remove the part of the diet causeing most of the damage...or COMBINE the two.

#49     Jun 10, 2018
  10. Pekelo

Pekelo

Going to finish the bottle over the weekend and switching to Vinpocetine. The preliminary result is that my IQ increased by 2.3%... OK, just kidding. Except that board game night I haven't had any test to tell. But my over all well being has been great, even if it is not related to Fisetin.

I expect even better results from Vinpo, so we shall see. Oh yeah, my balls are twice the size than before but that is just a temporary side effect....

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
    #50     Jun 15, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.