Fisetin, Vinpocetine for the brain

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Pekelo, May 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CET

CET

If you aren't posting any more after 3 weeks we'll know not to take it. o_O

I suggest checking prices on vitacost.com for any supplements, but they have much more than just supplements.

#31     Jun 1, 2018
  2. Pekelo

Pekelo

I did the math. If I buy the ingredients of Membrin separately:

-Ginko Biloba: $12
    -Huperzine: $25
    -Vinpocetine: $20

That is still only less than 60 bucks. So how the hell this one jumped to 100 bucks? 40 bucks extra for the convenience I guess? That is one of the most expensive supplements I ever ran into...

I think Vinpocetine has the biggest promise out of the 3 (Fis, Vin, Hup), but I started with Fisetin, so let's stick to the plan...

#32     Jun 1, 2018
  3. The only reliable way of knowing if any of this stuff works, and for what is thru clinical trials. It's very easy to fool ourselves ...sugar pills (placebo) "works" in astonishing numbers.

#33     Jun 1, 2018
  4. Pekelo

Pekelo

So far I have been really sleepy after taking the pills. Maybe my brain got smarter and telling me: "Hey dude, why don't you take a nap?"

#34     Jun 2, 2018
  5. I have taken vinpocetine quite a bit although it has been a while. It has been around for a quite a while. It comes from the vinca minor plant which I have also grown as a ground cover. Dark green foliage with beautiful blue flowers and can be grown in full shade and can handle a harsh winter, but maybe I digress but what the hey.

There is a pile of studies on pubmed which confirm its ability to increase blood flow in the brain. As with many supplements and prescription drugs it is the impact over a period of months that should be measured. Having said that, many herbs do have immediate impact as well. Depending on what else is in your stack, vinpocetine can cross-potentiate a bit so that you can get wired if you don't adjust what else you are taking. Particularly if you are a coffee drinker. Same thing with taking fisetin - which I have not done- but am pretty sure that it would cross-potentiate with coq10 if one is already taking that or with pqq and so on. Not saying that is bad because it could be good. Just that there would be a difference between taking fisetin standalone versus in combination.

Huperzine-A needs to be cycled as I recall or else it causes some kind of shutdown in some feedback loop. I can't recall but I think it is like a five days on- five days off type of thing. So personally I would not want it in a formula with other things if I wanted to take the other things everyday. I dont think huperzine and vinpocetine are all that expensive but somehow when supplement sellers combine things it is supposed to be new and wondrous and it may be but you can still see what is in the formula and reverse engineer it to just get the components separately and in the dosage you want rather than the pittance in the combo formulas.

With huperzine and vinpocitine you are beginning to edge over into the world of nootropics- which I am not saying is a bad thing. Next comes the cetams. paracetam, anaracetam, oxycetam, lucidril, noopept, bacopa, phosphatydalserine, and so on. Google is your friend.

#35     Jun 3, 2018
    Pekelo likes this.
  6. Pekelo

Pekelo

I tried bacopa before but didn't notice anything...

#36     Jun 4, 2018
  7. Pekelo

Pekelo

I am not sure if it is due to taking Fisetin, but generally I feel pretty good, better than usual. I mean here the back stiffness in the morning, and so on. I had lots of energy in the morning right away. Fisetin has anti-inflammatory properties and I read in reviews others noticed the same, less pain.

The only other thing I did was upping my fish oil take...

#37     Jun 4, 2018
  8. one word: placebo

#38     Jun 5, 2018
  9. Pekelo

Pekelo

Dude, seriously, just STFU already. You don't have to litter this thread with your subjective and irrelevant shit. If you want to cry generally about supplements, make your own thread. I would even drop by and put you down, as you deserve to be.

Otherwise I will help you out, and put you on Ignore. You see, I must have got smarter, because I recognize an idiot much faster.... :)

---------------------------

Now let's keep this thread on topic and upbeat. My blood work results came back and they are excellent. Cholesterol hasn't been this good for years. Now most likely Fisetin has nothing to do with it, because I only started a day earlier, but I thought I would mention this....

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
    #39     Jun 5, 2018
    El OchoCinco likes this.
  10. speedo

speedo

People write placebo effect off as a nothing burger but the mind runs the show. If it believes the body is healing, odds shift to healing, if it believes it is getting sicker, odds shift that way.

#40     Jun 5, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.