Fisetin, Vinpocetine for the brain

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Pekelo, May 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pekelo

Pekelo

In Germany (among other countries) it is a prescription drug called Cavinton. I assume the German FDA doesn't let just any useless pill to be on their market. The pharma company Gedeon Richter makes it.

https://topbrainboosters.com/cavinton-forte/

"However, it is widely used in Eastern Europe and Russia. Here are the indications for use and information from some related studies:

Organic psychosyndrome. In a randomized, double-blind multicentre trial in patients suffering from organic psychosyndrome, patients that received treatment with Cavinton showed significant improvement on CGI and SKT scale compared to the placebo group.

Cerebrovascular disorders. In the study performed on 100 patients suffering from various cerebrovascular disorders Cavinton improved their performance in psychodiagnostic tests, memory, and alertness. Their EEG results were improved as well. Another randomized, double-blind placebo-controlled study on patients with ischemic stroke showed that Cavinton increased their cerebral perfusion.

Epilepsy. During the clinical trial performed on 31 patients suffering from various forms of epilepsy, in 20 patients this drug decreased the frequency of attacks or led to their complete disappearance. In a study on the newborns with birth traumas, Cavinton combined with conventional therapy showed better results than standard therapy alone."

Last edited: May 31, 2018
    #21     May 31, 2018
  2. Pekelo

Pekelo

You mean the drug industry. Cavinton has been on the market for 4 decades and it is a prescription drug in Europe based on Vinpocetine. Does this fact change your mind? I don't think so.

Now your attitude toward supplements has been duly noted, no need to express it anymore until you actually try the thing.

#22     May 31, 2018
  3. Supplements are drugs, I just want both proven. When I take my meds, i want to know they may actually work, even though i can afford them

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases...in-depth/cholesterol-medications/art-20050958

#23     May 31, 2018
  4. The old adage: "Alternative medicine isn't medicine, if it was it would be...medicine" :)

#24     May 31, 2018
  5. if you are thinking about longevity its probably a little too late to do anything meaningful :)

#25     May 31, 2018
  6. jack lalanne died @ 96 pulling a barge with his teeth...

my grandfather died @86 with a beer in his hand

which way do you want to go :)

you can workout, GET CUT pop supps till cows come home...you may stave off premature death but ain't living any longer than that

#26     May 31, 2018
  7. I also have to assume the dosage in Europe might be stronger or more concentrated than what you buy here as a supplement.

#27     May 31, 2018
  8. Pekelo

Pekelo

Here is what I found:

"The recommended dosage for Cavinton is 5 mg per day, though some people have reported safely taking as much as 100 mg in a single day. You should ideally speak to a doctor to determine the best dosage for you, especially if you are using Cavinton for certain medical purposes in addition to cognitive enhancement benefits.

In Alpha Brain, you will find 5 mg of Vinpocetine extract per serving which consists of two capsules. "

So they are at least the same. But on Amazon you can get 10-30 mg pills, so...

#28     May 31, 2018
  9. Pekelo

Pekelo

Last edited: May 31, 2018
    #29     May 31, 2018
  10. vanzandt

vanzandt

28 reviews on WebMD.
    All good.
    https://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supp...ETINE&pageIndex=0&sortby=3&conditionFilter=-1

#30     May 31, 2018
    Sprout likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.