Fisetin, Vinpocetine for the brain

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Pekelo, May 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pekelo

Pekelo

My supplement cost is 50 cents per day, I think I can still afford that. :)

I like to experiment and test, sort of a hobby. I think a pretty safe and cheap hobby if we compare it to rock climbing or motorcycling...

#11     May 31, 2018
  2. $15/month is peanuts so what the hell right every shopper QVC reasons:)

How will you tell if it's working?

#12     May 31, 2018
  3. Pekelo

Pekelo

That is actually a good question. Maybe my profits will soar. The benefits are supposed to be subtle.

With Vinp. if I pee less, it is already a win. It supposed to help with bladder issues too.

#13     May 31, 2018
  4. I don't want to climb every point you make, but why is eliminating toxins thru urine a negative??

#14     May 31, 2018
  5. About 50-cents-a-day worth, eh? :D

Oh, you mean benefits to you? :wtf:

#15     May 31, 2018
  6. the supplement industry has been scamming for decades...

eat healthy and exercise. want to improve on that...you need clinical trials

you will never place in near future all benefits of a healthy diet into a pill.

put that $15/month into KALE

#16     May 31, 2018
  7. speedo

speedo

The challenge with interpreting clinical trials is that it is impossible to control for all the variables involved in a study of human functioning....and that's in the absence of a biased agenda.

#17     May 31, 2018
  8. And the challenge of interpreting evidence with no clinical trials, just anecdotal evidence and Internet hype? And what are the odds of an unbiased agenda there?

#18     May 31, 2018
  9. I drink a lot of water daily and pee a lot but it is a positive, not sure about the peeing less comment. Maybe that is a prostate issue.

Vinpocetine definitely increases blood flow to the brain and a lot of benefits have been attributed to that (i.e. increased blood flow, more oxygen to brain cells, increased activity etc..). That is why I believe it was first used for those with brain issues resulting from poor blood flow. FDA treats it as a supplement so no way of knowing for sure what it will do for you but to take it and see :).

#19     May 31, 2018
  10. There is no reasoning with the QVC sect...they will buy buy buy anything that's shiny :)

#20     May 31, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.