Fisetin, Vinpocetine for the brain

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Pekelo, May 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pekelo

Pekelo

I have just started to take Fisetin because it is going to make me an (even bigger) genius. But seriously:

https://www.selfhacked.com/blog/15-science-based-health-benefits-fisetin-1-favorite/

We shall see, I report back when I smarten up. Fisetin is a fairly new thing and not many studies and data are available on it.

Another supplement I have ran into while researching cognitive function helpers was Vinpocetine. On Amazon it gets pretty good reviews and there are some European studies backing up the results.

"Because some people think vinpocetine might improve blood flow to the brain, it is used for enhancing memory and preventing Alzheimer’s disease and other conditions that harm learning, memory, and information processing skills as people age.

Vinpocetine is also used for preventing and reducing the chance of disability and death from ischemic stroke. This is the type of stroke that occurs when a blood clotstops blood flow in the brain, causing brain cells (neurons) to die because they are not receiving oxygen. People try vinpocetine for preventing and treating stroke right after it happens because they think vinpocetine might help keep blood from clotting and might also protect neurons against the harmful effects of oxygen deprivation."

https://www.webmd.com/vitamins/ai/ingredientmono-175/vinpocetine

Just one thing at a time, once I finish my Fisetin I probably try Vinpocetine. An Amazon review of the later:

" ...before I went to sleep one night, the next morning I woke feeling so...Aware is the best way to describe it. Sharp mentally. It definitely opened up my senses and cleared my mind allowing my thoughts to process more efficiently. Its a subtle but definitely noticeable change. I couldn't say that it's boosting my intelligence but it's definitely making what I got going on work more efficiently "

vanzandt likes this.
  2. fordewind likes this.
  3. Baron

Baron ET Founder

4. Take an IQ test now, and again in 3 weeks. Report back. :)

Seriously if it does work probably take many months or yrs, and the effect will be small, probably immeasurable.

5. Pekelo

Pekelo

I don't expect a Nobel prize, but help with focus. Also I don't expect it to act immediately but after 2-3 days. At least that is what the reviews say.

Probably Huprazine should be mentioned as well, beside these 2. When I googled it for spelling, I found a supplement called Membrin that has both Hup. and Vinp. in it:

http://vitaminusa.com/membrin-30-caps-with-huprazine---vinpocetine--ortho-molecular.html

Holy crap, that shit is 100 bucks on Amazon! Must be made from virgins' blood or something...

Last edited: May 31, 2018
  6. speedo

speedo

Feed the ducks when they're quacking.

7. The sheer breadth of claims made should raise a few red flags. Do you know how hard it would be to prove EVEN ONE of those. :)

Might be a slight, very slight physiological benefit because its derived from plants. And plants have all (almost all) the nutritional benefits to offer. Animal products are devoid of just about everything. But why not just eat a lot of color?? And, you get all the benefits that supplement industry hasn't exploited yet :)

8. speedo

speedo

"Animal products are devoid of just about everything." :confused:

#10     May 31, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.