Fiscal cliff

Discussion in 'Politics' started by PHOENIX TRADING, Nov 7, 2012.

1. pspr

pspr

She is older than the Moon. How long will God keep her alive on the chance she will turn her life around?

#11     Nov 8, 2012
  2. Ricter

Ricter

Since Keynesianism "can't work", its opposite, the fiscal cliff, will without doubt be good. That's why so many in business support it.

#12     Nov 8, 2012
  3. TGregg

TGregg

Nope. Congress can pass an extension. I fully expect the democrats to kick this can down the road anywhere from a few months to a full year (to Dec 31, 2013). Then I expect The One to play hardball. And I expect the republicans to cave. I mean, what choice will they have? If they stand their ground, everything goes to shit and the media will be running stories 24x7 for the entire 2014 year screaming about how republicans are to blame. Then they'll get slaughtered in the midterms, voters being too busy watching American Idol to have any clue about politics.

#13     Nov 8, 2012
  4. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

This would be true of the "opposite" of Keynesian Theory is a complete and total stop of all spending. But it isn't.

#14     Nov 8, 2012
  5. This is exactly what will happen. Frankly, it's too late for a real deal as that will take more time than we currently have. We get an extension and then the real fight starts. As you stated, the repubs are in a bind. They play hardball and the whole place goes up for grabs. They cave, the economy does somewhat better and the dems take the credit. Bacisly they have to sacrifice themselves to save the country, or take the blame for it's demise. I'd call that being snookered in a big way. Team Obama grinning ear to ear.

#15     Nov 8, 2012
  6. Ricter

Ricter

They snookered themselves with their "not even if it's 10 to 1 spending cuts" inflexibility.

#16     Nov 8, 2012
  7. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Good. Either one of these scenarios results in collapse.

#17     Nov 8, 2012
  8. Ricter

Ricter

And that scenario will not add one day to your life. Not one.

#18     Nov 8, 2012
  9. I've been agreeing with many of your posts lately, CO. I would hope that both sides would put the American people first, not worrying about whether or not the Dem's or Obama get some credit. The last couple of years have been wasted trying to avoid anything of value to the U.S. for fear it might make the current Administration look good. Lame Duck time now, let's get some stuff done.

#19     Nov 8, 2012
  10. gtor514

gtor514

Are you sure? Yeah congress can pass the extension but obama has to sign the extension. How can he, after all the talk about the rich paying more?

#20     Nov 8, 2012