first time today.. question

Discussion in 'Forex' started by cornelius, Dec 18, 2008.

1. cvds16

cvds16

how big did you trade ?

#21     Dec 19, 2008
  2. Surdo

Surdo

Unless you know what you are doing your Fx account will be cleaned out by The New Year.

Either paper trade until you figure out how not to get butt fucked dry, or try Fx futures. At least they give you a fresh tube of KY on the CME!

good trading,

el surdo

#22     Dec 19, 2008
  3. 25000. I just called IB and anything under 30,000
    automatically goes to IDEAL. So now I have to blow away
    bigger money to test my software.

#23     Dec 19, 2008
  4. why don't you use a paper trading account until you have the software correctly configured and tested? Call IB and have them setup one and you can use it with Ninja Trader without burning any real money.

#24     Dec 19, 2008
  5. ROFL :D

foex suks LOL :p

(like getting screwed. lots of crazy action followed by complete motionless. it's doing this latter period when you will go crazy)

#25     Dec 19, 2008
  6. It has been driving me crazy and when I fall asleep there is
    a burst of fast motion. That's why I am trying to get Ninjatrader
    to do my trading, so that I can trade stocks and futures during that time.

#26     Dec 19, 2008
  7. Your problem is not NinjaTrader or IB you simply need to test your software and strategies using play money first and understand the specific markets that you are trading in before using real money.

Everyone makes mistakes trading but you cannot repeat the same mistake more than once and expect to make money in this game. You repeated the exact same mistake twice in two days... Not a good start.

Be careful with automated software until you fully understand how it works and how to manage the risk. You will only blow up that much quicker if you compound your learning with automated trading software you don't understand. Good luck.

#27     Dec 19, 2008
  8. I guess I was in such a hurry to get in on EURUSD this week.
    I agree that I rushed things and I guess I am lucky that I came
    out with a net gain.

#28     Dec 19, 2008
  9. i scalped for 500+ pips my first month. SCALPED....

i've given back a pip or two since then :(

#29     Dec 19, 2008
  10. You have a point there, making mistakes on forex is ok as long as you learn from them. You should probably try demo for a while again, I did it when I almost lost my shirt once. I gained confidence after that and now I am back to trade.

#30     Dec 19, 2008