First time I've ever cracked up laughing in the voting booth...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Rearden Metal, Nov 7, 2006.

1. What about recreational grenade launchers? Any word about those?

And while we're at it, I don't see why Seven-11 stores can't carry at least a limited selection of assault weapons for those after-hours impulse purchases. Show me where it says in the Second Amendment that it should not be so.

#11     Nov 9, 2006
  2. You want to pursue the anti-gun rights agenda? <b>At least play fair.</b>

"For the Children", printed right on the ballot was a <b>low blow</b>, you must admit.

#12     Nov 9, 2006
  3. But you don't see the display of emaciated chemo patients used as poster children for the medical marijuana lobby as manipulative?

#13     Nov 9, 2006
  4. #14     Nov 9, 2006
  5. Arnie

Arnie

Have there been any children killed by assault weapons in IL? And why limit it to assault weapons? If we really want to protect the children, shouldn't all weapons be banned?

#15     Nov 9, 2006
  6. Long range accuracy. Up to 2500 meters for big game. Most of them only hold one in the chamber due to the size of the round.

The anti gun nuts have tried to label these rifles "sniper rifles" as a way of brain washing the spineless among us. Whens the last time you read or heard about someone in the USA getting killed by a 50 caliber weapon?

#16     Nov 9, 2006
  7. Folks who live in Florida or SoCal know the hidden killer that's taking out our children one by one. Swimming pools! It seems almost weekly some toddler drowns in the cement pond in their families back yard.

All of us can see the need for drinking water. Perhaps even water for bathing. However Roman style bathtubs, jacuzzis, let alone lap pools must be prohibited NOW! I've scanned the Bill of Rights and I see NOTHING in the 2nd Amendment allowing this silent killer to go unregulated.

#17     Nov 9, 2006
  8. Damn straight. And if that's not an endorsement for every Constitution loving American to own one, then I don't know what is.

#18     Nov 9, 2006
  9. Trampolines. Stop the madness!

According to the most recent statistics from the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), in 2001 there were nearly 92,000 hospital emergency room-treated injuries associated with trampolines. About 93 percent of the victims were under 15 years of age and 11 percent were younger than 5 years of age. Since 1990, six trampoline-related deaths of children under age 15 have been reported to the CPSC.

Ben Cartwright says, "Dag gummit, Hoss! Get off that trampoline!" "But, Pa!",says Hoss.

#19     Nov 9, 2006
  10. How coy you are, playing the devil's advocate. I hope you and your client are happy together. It is not so much the swimming pools that kill children as the improper fencing around those pools and the absence of properly observed safety precautions. Does it really need to be written in the Constitution in order for simple logic to resonate for you?

Similarly, it is not guns that kill people, but people who kill people, including the people who indiscriminately sell guns to people who kill people. So, just as young children should not be left unattended around pools, as can be observed with the benefit of hindsight, most adults should probably not be left unattended with firearms, once again with the benefit of hindsight.

Perhaps I am not quite as smart as you are and cannot connect the dots quite as deftly, but I fail to see how easy access to firearms will do anything other than perpetuate the gun violence that has so firmly entrenched itself in American culture. Evidently, I am not quite as far sighted as you may be.

#20     Nov 9, 2006