First time I've ever cracked up laughing in the voting booth...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Rearden Metal, Nov 7, 2006.

1. Medical orthodoxy's stubborn neurotransmitter fixation, in combination with the draconian prohibition laws, creates the frequent situation where severely depressed patients are given one irrelevant neurotransmitter re-uptake inhibitor medication after another, instead of the opioid medication they so desperately need.

<b>Type A Depression</b> results from a neurotransmitter deficiency, and can be remedied via the neurotransmitter reuptake inhibitors (Zoloft, Paxil, Welbutrin, Effexor, etc...)

<b>Type B Depression</b> results from an endogenous opioid (Endorphins, dynorphins, enkephalins) deficiency, and can be remedied with opioid medication. Out of these, Buprenorphine is usually the best choice.

<b>Type C, or Combination Depression</b> results from both neurotransmitter AND endogenous opioid deficiencies. Type C depression patients require neurotransmitter reuptake inhibitors in combination with opioid medication.

Modern medical orthodoxy recognizes <b>only</b> Type A depression, and remains widely ignorant of the other two varieties. This ignorance results in tens of thousands of suicides per year, while ruining millions of additional lives.

Fortunately, within a decade or two, my assertions will become common medical knowledge. Suicide rates across the developed world will plummet at last.

www.ProhibitionKills.com

(Yes, I know that was completely irrelevant to this discussion, but you asked, and the endogenous opioid-depression-opioid connection is my biggest social cause of all. I authored all of the material on ProhibitionKills.com.)

#101     Nov 14, 2006
  2. Are they also afraid that the depressed patient will become "addicted" to the opioid meds?

I've read some time ago that a lot of doctors refuse to give pain medication (opioid type?) to hospital patients even if they are in outrageous pain because they are afraid they will become addicted.

The docs should know that the body will use the amount necessary for the pain only and rarely will they become addicted after the pain stops. The body will no longer request more meds.

#102     Nov 14, 2006
  3. Ok then.

If you don't want to admit reality, then that's fine with me...

Peace...

#103     Nov 14, 2006
  4. <i>
    Are they also afraid that the depressed patient will become "addicted" to the opioid meds?
    I've read some time ago that a lot of doctors refuse to give pain medication (opioid type?) to hospital patients even if they are in outrageous pain because they are afraid they will become addicted.</i>

Yes, that's one of two main fears doctors have regarding opioid medication. The other key factor: <b>Fear of oppression by the prohibition enforcement thugs.</b> Uneducated DEA agents currently have the power to dictate to physicians how to practice medicine, and commonly persecute those M.D.s who are 'too generous’ with their narcotic scripts.

See: http://www.aapsonline.org/press/hurwitz1002.htm

Even Conservative Fox News admits there is a problem: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,133204,00.html

More, from congressman Ron Paul: http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul179.html

The disgraceful actions of the prohibition enforcement goons, combined with the U.S. Dipyrone ban, created a temporary artificial demand for Vioxx, a lethal 'medication' responsible for 30,000-50,000 deaths.

Like I told you; <b>Prohibition Kills.</b>

<i>The docs should know that the body will use the amount necessary for the pain only and rarely will they become addicted after the pain stops. The body will no longer request more meds.</i>

I'm a bit of an expert on narcotics. There's actually a very simple way to gauge whether an individual does or doesn't have a high risk factor to become addicted to opiates. Ever take hydrocodone (Vicodin, Norco, Lortab, etc.)? A side effect of this medication, is that it makes most people sleepy/ lethargic. They just want to lie down and rest. However, when some people encounter hydrocodone for the first time, they get the exact <b>opposite</b> effect: It actually makes them highly energetic. Those are the individuals who are most likely to develop an opiate habit.

#104     Nov 14, 2006
  5. Beyond weird, but it's ok that 800,000 to 1,000,000 people die annually from the side effects of modern health care: incompetence, infections, accidents, unnecessary surgery, etc.

Modern health care is by far the number one cause of death, but the war on drugs and doctors is top priority.

How about a war on stupidity?

#105     Nov 14, 2006
  6. However, without modern medicine, ten times that many people would die.

Speaking of war on stupidity, here is a website where you get a chance to vote for stupidity of the year, named in honor of Charles Darwin:
    http://www.darwinawards.com/
    Last year's winner:

#106     Nov 14, 2006
  7. Looks like Christopher effectively removed himself from the gene pool. Such a loss of a clever man. Probably even thought is was a good idea at the time.

#107     Nov 14, 2006