First real bitcoin exchange coming this year

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by newguy05, Feb 26, 2014.

1. This will be significant.

2. Hoi

Hoi

Yes it will.
    It's good to see that each time Bitcoin has some setback, it doesn't die but comes back ever stronger.

3. wow The best business opportunnity coming : opening bitcoin producing business using poor but technologically savy russians, indians and other third world country talent.

4. just21

just21

This sounds like the gold fix or the libor fix which became corrupted.

5. That news is exactly what BTC holders needed.

My main problem with BTC was the unregulated markets and hackers stealing them from your computer or wallet or wherever you tech geeks hold them.

A regulated exchange with legitimate hacker proof storage would get skeptics like myself to open an account. This is great news for BTC believers.

6. just21

just21

Why do you want to trust a third party? The point of bitcoin is that you should not trust a centralised, hierarchical system. Take delivery and put your bitcoin in cold storage on a paper wallet. Bitcoin is decentralised and decentralised exchanges will be operational this year. See NXT, Mastercoin, emunie, etherium, proto/bitshares, counterparty.

The centralised, hiierarchical system is corrupt. See gold fixing, libor fixing, naked short selling of gold futures on Comex.

7. Pekelo

Pekelo

Because a decentralized exchange hasn't been invented?

8. just21

just21

You can take delivery of bitcoin and hold it offline on paper. Decentralised exchanges will be here within months.

9. Good and bad. While reputable, SecondMarket is bringing along the same problems:

Fixing the price twice a day.
    Derivatives used to price Bitcoin.
    Mixed feelings on members-only (regulatory simplificiation I guess).

But... they will bring wall street connections to Bitcoin.

10. Hoi

Hoi

Oh, Yes; they are already invented and in development (one of them based on BitMessage). But problem is with every new exchange: you need to get Volume, lots of Volume....and that's the hard part.

#10     Feb 26, 2014