First New York Securities

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Cramerholic, Nov 28, 2005.

1. Anyone ever hear of First New York Securities? They have an incredible training program from what I see on the website and they pay 50k a year to trainees. The training lasts from 18 months to 2 years. It seems great but how hard is it to get into? I sent a resume out a couple weeks ago and haven't heard anything.

Anyone who actually trades there or knows someone that trades there please respond.

2. Frenchy

Frenchy

wow like the website !! any infos, surely a series 7

3. Not sure I understand this comment but part of the training is them preparing you to take the series 7 and 55. That is the first 10 weeks of training.

4. Frenchy

Frenchy

Maybe they only keep 10 percent after the training ??

5. Midas

Midas

They have been around a while and have a good reputation.

6. These guys are pretty good...I believe the ex-owner of Generic has taken over the helm at FNYS (Don I think). They are a different "breed" of trading firm...they only add a couple of people per year (maybe 2-10), and do have a longer term training program.

Not really competitors of ours, so I can honestly say that I think they're a good firm.

Good luck,

Don

7. Surdo

Surdo

I guess it's ok to post your link then, since they do not compete!

FNYS is a first class operation, especially if you hook up with the right mentor.

Very competitive to get in if you are not introduced by a partner.

8. Thanks Don, hopefully I can be one of the 2-10 people, the NJ offices are 4 miles from my home and the training program is really what draws me to them.

9. Surdo

Surdo

Don't worry DON will recruit you if FNYS does not want you.

10. Have you tried getting a job there or do you know someone that has? Looks like they just take recent college grads, I'm an experienced professional I would think my resume would stand up against college grads, but maybe its just who you know?

#10     Nov 29, 2005