First New York Securities

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by QuoteBoy, Sep 30, 2001.

1. nitro

nitro

Yes, what a poor kid. He will manage to do what few do, then, once he is free from his contract, he will probably be making seven figures a year, assuming of course he didn't just get lucky his first (hence three.)

I agree though, without exception, you don't go work for anyone in the markets starting out looking for big money. If you want that, become a doctor or a lawyer.

It's like anything else in the markets. When no one wants to go to Wall Street, you will see salaries rise. Since it is seen by so many as one of the most lucrative/fun/etc things to do, the supply of these people are "infinite" in comparison to the demand by the Wall Street firms.

nitro

#21     Mar 31, 2002
  2. Budfox
    no that wasn't NYC...I worked at Merrill Lynch for 2years. I 'm not sure where you are getting your info from..but if you want to know the scoop from someone who actually worked there just ask ..I'm just trying to help out.
    and you at right, at MWD the salary is lower, but you get an increase in the percentage of commission every month(I worked there before Merrill) I still have many friends there..so if you want more info I can get it.

#22     Mar 31, 2002