First New York for Generic...

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by trade-ya1, Dec 6, 2003.

1. Ebo

Ebo

WEBLOGS!
    Some geek thought it up and it stuck.
    It's chit chat in the form of an E mail message board.

ebo

#11     Dec 6, 2003
  2. Gotcha thanks. I just found out that Tim Berners-Lee invented the internet. Never even heard of that guy before. Anyway, learn something new every day. Here i am thinking it was Al Gore! :)

#12     Dec 6, 2003
  3. Speculator1929

Speculator1929 Guest

I heard FNY low bid and was rejected by Generic.

#13     Dec 7, 2003
  4. skf42002

skf42002

I can find out as I have a few big contacts at Generic. What I had heard is that Meyer was selling his stake because I think he lost alot of money. It wouldn't suprise me to find out that Schear wants out, after all who wouldn't want out. The model is a much harder one than it was in 1999.

#14     Dec 7, 2003
  5. a few yrs ago he was interviewed by the new york times

and was telling everyone how successful he was
    and would make a daily call on the markets for his traders

I had thought he was one of the brighter minds at generic

and a better trader than Ron was from that article.

#15     Dec 7, 2003
  6. The rumor is that they are buying Generic or the entire Carlin Financial Group companies?

#16     Dec 7, 2003
  7. jsgray

jsgray

I heard from someone at Generic that Carlin/Generic was shopping Mayer's interest to a few different potential buyers. Also that Motsweller is definately up to something.

#17     Dec 8, 2003
  8. Rule36

Rule36

How is Generic?

thanks

#18     Dec 8, 2003

9. Would be nice if Bright Trading could hop on the deal so they can offer Carlin Trader Software in addition to REDI.

Bright is a good company by itself, the problem is REDI to many traders complain about the REDI software.

#19     Dec 8, 2003
  10. Redi has done a lot to improve and add to their functionality for us in the last few months. I don't think that we have to worry about Redi any more (I certainly admit that we had some concerns in the past).

Don

#20     Dec 9, 2003