First New York for Generic...

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by trade-ya1, Dec 6, 2003.

1. Can anyone confirm or deny that Generic/Carlin was sold to First New York Securities? Thanks.

2. where did u get that rumor?

3. Don Bright mentioned it in a previous thread. To me, it seems plausible. Ron Scheer has been trying to get out of the business for a while now and Don Erenberg and Mickey Friedman at FNY are in expansion mode.

4. Ebo

Ebo

Trade-Ya changing his name to Trade-Yenta!
    I do not think you name drop enough.
    I am impressed.

5. You should work for the FBI. I wonder how many hours you spent analyzing my name change. What a joke...:)

6. I am man enough to admit that there was really no reason to mention Erenberg and Friedman by name. Frankly, I don't know why i did it. Maybe something deep-seated and psychological. However, Sheer's name is important because there are others at that firm like Motswyler (sp?), et al. that may not feel the same way. Nonetheless, I appreciate you being the name-dropping police, please keep up the good work. :)

7. shneed

shneed

I heard that it is Meyer Offman rather than Ron Sheer that is selling his stake.

shneed

8. Incidentally, I am not trying to be a Yenta on this thread. I have a business relationship with Generic/Carlin and it's important for me to know about this situation.

9. Ebo

Ebo

Neal:
    After reading many of your posts, I would like to apologize for accusing you of being a Yenta. Your energy and love of the market was misconstrued. It's unfortunate that one must sift through the piles of rubbish on this board to absorb anything of value. I have been in the biz myself for over 15 years.
    I enjoy reading your BLOGS!

ebo

10. Thanks for your kind words. What are BLOGS?

#10     Dec 6, 2003