First May Snow In Arkansas Since Records Began in 1819

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, May 4, 2013.

1. pspr

pspr

I'm sure this can be attributed to Global Warming. Right, futurecunt?
    ----

For the first time since written weather history began in Arkansas (1819), snow has fallen in the month of May. This snow has set records for the latest snowfall and latest measurable snowfall in the state.

The previous latest snowfall ever recorded was on April 30, 1903 at Harrison, Gravette and Fayetteville. This was not measurable.

The previous latest measurable snowfall was 0.2 inches at Corning on April 24, 1910.

Below is a list of snowfall measurements from National Weather Service cooperative observer stations through specified times on Friday morning.

Fayetteville experiment station, 1.5 inches, 7 a.m.

Compton, 1 inch, 10 a.m.

Hindsville, 1 inch, 6:40 a.m.

Winslow, 1 inch, 7 a.m.

Kingston, 0.2 inch, 7 a.m.

http://www.magnoliareporter.com/new...cle_826c709e-b48c-11e2-8626-0019bb2963f4.html

2. The idea that a period of abnormally cold or snowy weather in a specific place diminishes the idea that global warming is real is a pretty silly argument against global warming. It would have been like looking at North Dakota during the financial crisis and saying this disproves the United States is in the toilet. I think global warming is real, because 98% of scientists do, but I'm not exactly a Prius driving environmentalist either.

3. pspr

pspr

go look at the explanation of the 97% bullshit concensus number from 2010 that I posted in the other gw thread.

It's just one more cut in the AGW theory that is falling apart. Cold records have been being set everywhere for the last few years. If you can't remember from one story to the next I can't help you.

4. Lucrum

Lucrum

Record lows are generally associated with a DOWN trend.

5. So have heat records. It's not about hot/cold records/abnormalities at a specific time. Someone could point to Irene/Sandy or the 2011 summer and say there's proof of global warming. That's also illogical. It's about the earth has warmed a few degrees over the past century (undeniable fact). Now, what percentage of this is because of humans, how much warmer will the earth get, how will this effect us, and should we do anything about it? A particular storm, warm spell, or cold spell is just a sideshow.

6. pspr

pspr

Duh! Where do you think the global climate records come from? They are records of what happened on the micro scale.

The examples just show the records are changing to a colder climate in the longer term. Of course, they could reverse but the data is piling up in the direction we sane observers have expected. New cold and snow records over decades or centuries of data don't have insignificant meaning.