First Lady

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Spike Trader, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Ivana Trump says she's 'first lady.'

[​IMG]

Washington - Things are getting a little "Real Housewives" around the White House.

In one of the stranger sideshows to his presidency, President Donald Trump's first and third wives, Ivana and Melania, respectively, on Monday had a very public war of words - and his second wife, Marla Maples, is getting some shade out of the spat, to boot.

Here's a breakdown: To promote her new book, "Raising Trump", about parenting Trump's three eldest children, Ivana Trump gave a Monday interview to "Good Morning America" in which she made some comments sure to privately raise the hackles of the woman occupying the role of Wife of Donald.

"I'm basically first Trump wife. OK?" Ivana Trump said. "I'm first lady."

She offered faux sympathy for Melania Trump, saying "I think for her to be in Washington must be terrible." (She had less subtle insults for her ex's second wife, Marla Maples. "A showgirl" was her epithet of choice.)

But she feels for Melania Trump, she really does.

"I think for her to be in Washington must be terrible," said Trump of the actual first lady. "It's better her than me. I would hate Washington."

Hating Washington, however, does not preclude her ability to rule it with an iron fist, if she had the inclination, the former Mrs. Trump made sure to note.

"Would I straighten up the White House in 14 days? Absolutely. Can I give the speech for 45 minutes without [a] teleprompter? Absolutely. Can I read a contract? Can I negotiate? Can I entertain? Absolutely. But I would not really like to be there. I like my freedom," Ivana Trump said, in what could also be perceived as a dig against Melania Trump.
    https://www.iol.co.za/news/world/ivana-trump-says-shes-first-lady-melania-trump-responds-11531765

2. Sounds like its time for a WWF style smack-down, loser gets shaved.