First lady not happy with Sasha, Malia dolls

Discussion in 'Politics' started by saxon, Jan 26, 2009.

1. saxon

saxon

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28854593/

First lady Michelle Obama is not pleased about the marketing of a pair of dolls that bear the same names as her daughters.

“We believe it is inappropriate to use young private citizens for marketing purposes,” Ms. Obama’s spokeswoman said.

Ty Inc., the Oak Brook-based company, chose the dolls' names because “they are beautiful names,” not because of any resemblance to President Obama's daughters, said spokeswoman Tania Lundeen.

“There's nothing on the dolls that refers to the Obama girls,” Lundeen said. “It would not be fair to say they are exact replications of these girls. They are not.”

Public figures have a legal right to control how their images are used, but Lundeen would not comment on legal issues or if the company's lawyers have become involved with the dolls.

“I'm not an attorney. I can't answer that,” she said.

*ugh*

2. Lucrum

Lucrum

She's probably just pissed she's not getting a percentage.

3. Why are you being a pig even when it serves no purpose? You know full well that the Obamas said their young kids were off limits. Why would you demonize even that element of parental decency? Really, must you always be such a pig?

4. Nice argument. How come you didn't use when Palin's kids were under attack?

5. I don't think that any politician's child should be expolited by the media. But Palin was using her daughter's pregnancy as a pro-life thing once the story got out. Therefore, she was being no less exploitive of her own daughter. Also, like it or not, a teenaged pregnancy out of wedlock in connection with a "family values" candidate is not the same as exploiting totally innocent young children.

So let's not compare Palin's political response to a violation of her daughter's privacy to a no-spin response on the part of a protective parent.

6. There is always a BUT when it suits a democrat.

7. ak15

ak15

You should know better than to ask that question. Search for posts denigrating, abusing, and reducing to filth, the black race, minorities, Obama and others along that vein. You'll get all the confirmation you need, although I would think it is redundancy, considering the quality of individual concerned.

8. Lucrum

Lucrum

9. ak15

ak15

Not this pig.:D

10. Lucrum

Lucrum

Butt?

:eek:

#10     Jan 26, 2009