First Experience today

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by syswizard, Jan 24, 2007.

1. Was using the Pro console in the Paper account and tracking the emini Russell 2000 with this platform. Quite impressive. Even with Level II, the quotes were about 200 to 500 milliseconds faster than a competitive platform.
    I just wonder if there are many traders on this forum using this platform ? If so, which brokers have you found to be the lowest price ?

2. Bump....
    no one on ET is using this platform to trade ?

3. dac8555

dac8555

200-500 miliseconds??? were you counting?

seriously, how do you measure that?

as a side note. i am so glad that my trading style doesnt invlove miliseconds.

4. tyler19

tyler19

Ive been using it for a couple days. I just like the strategries you can set up.

5. do you mean the data feed of other platforms are lagged 100s of miliseconds?

6. ddunbar

ddunbar Guest

LOL. Seriously.

7. yeech.. i guess it must be really crazy of me to put efforts into improving my trading speed by 3.5miliseconds on average :p not to mention that I also spend a lot of time shaving off microseconds from my trading algorithms..

something tells me that a majority of my fills are against traders like you :D sorry

syswizard. every millisecond counts when you are competing against 1000s of other traders running similar machines, connections, brokerages and strategies as you. keep up the vigilant work.

noteworthy thought: if you ran a business. who on this thread would you be more inclined to want to work for you? based on posts alone.

8. Well, it's easy when you have 2 separate machines running side-by-side on the same network...I just use a digital stop watch to do the comparison.
    I'm not naming names, but the slower vendor really was not in the high-speed, high-frequency futures trading arena. Still, it was an eye-opener for me and for future reference....if-and-when I get to the point of trading entirely algorithmic short-term.

9. Sanjuro

Sanjuro

Digital StopWatch? The time it takes you to react and press the button probably is .5 sec.