First day after 2 years...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Shraga18, Oct 23, 2006.

1. Shraga18

Shraga18

Two years ago I took a break from trading and dedicated myself to a non-profit organization which I founded. Well, the charity has grown, and with it it's financial needs, so I decided to take up the gauntlet. And wow, did I forget what it's all about. The emotions, the fear, the greed... I started out with a good trade, got taken out early from a very profitable trade by one tick, HAD to make that money back, of course lost more, etc etc. I suddenly found myself taking trade after trade with no regards to any rules. At a certain moment I stopped myself. I was in the middle of yet another trade gone sour and was about to bail, when I told myself that if I don't discipline myself now, it will never happen. I kept myself in the losing trade according to my rules. The trade got worse...and then turned around. I took another few trades, all according to my rules, and managed to end hte day profitably. The lesson, once again, was that the most important part of trading is DISCIPLINE!

Have a good evening, everyone...

2. Welcome back, your dreams were your ticket out.
    Welcome back to that same old place that you laughed about.
    Well the names have all changed since you hung around,
    But those dreams have remained and they’re turned around.

Who’d have thought they’d lead ya ...Who’d have thought they’d lead ya...
    Back here where we need ya ...Here where we need ya...

Yeah we tease him a lot cause we’ve got him on the spot,
    Welcome back, welcome back, welcome back, welcome back.

3. Best post of the day.

:D

Looks like you are well on the way to reasserting your trading skills, take your time, don't jump back in the water too quickly now, find your trading legs first, I'm sure it'll come back pretty quickly (the markets haven't changed all that much ... (as you see with this overblown bull move).

Keep us posted[i/].

Regards,

JJ

4. Wow... How deep did you have to dig to find that one...?