First Amendment Under Attack?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, Oct 13, 2008.

1. hey el T...

If you wanna whack him instead of P...fine ....just let me know so I can be there to film it.

#11     Oct 13, 2008
  2. P...

Turn off you TV and Radio and quote feed.....go for a walk in the Sun.

Ya know what I'm listening to this morning? Back in Black...Chemical Bros...Dire Straights and Lynyrd Skynrd

#12     Oct 13, 2008
  3. I draw the line at making that "deposit" with Jann Wenner though......:D :D

#13     Oct 13, 2008
  4. Well you should have joined the Marine Corps then. They would have showed you how to that at 19. Then you wouldn't have had to worry your pretty little head about this nasty icky politics stuff.

:D

#14     Oct 13, 2008
  5. achilles28

achilles28

The Left AND Right are habitual abusers of the Bill of Rights. Blaming one at the exclusion of the other is like saying a Duck doesn't Quack. Or a Dog doesn't bark.

Republicans used the Court of Public opinion to maliciously assassinate their anti-war opponents as Unpatriotic "terrorist sympathizers."

Criticize Bush's Police State law and consolidation of the Executive? The Right quickly labeled us "Conspiratorial Wing Nuts" .

Now, its the Left's turn.

And guess what? All that Executive Power and Police State Spying Republicans gleefully turned over to Bush, now gets used against YOU. Just as Bush spied on his political enemies and "Subversive Elements" within the US, now the Right goes under the Microscope as all that Police State Power you couldn't wait to pass goes straight into OBAMA's hands. Oh yea, and he's a real supporter of the Second Amendment (and first).

The idiocy of all this is Partisan Hacks are always so God-Damned eager to legislate away our Rights when its "THEIR TEAM" thats in power.

"My Team will only use it for good", they tell themselves.

Then, as sure as the sun sets, the minority Party takes the reigns and now all those egregious Powers and Precedents they set - that could only be entrusted to the "sensible discretions" of Their Team - goes right into the hands of their Opponents. Who, of course, use it.

Now the Liberal Fascists will take the reigns and shove the same tyranny and character assignations down your throat as the Right shoved down ours (Libertarian) for the past 8 years.

And as each successive Administration goes by, they each take more Rights, more Freedoms and more Money.

Until one day - and that day will be very, very soon - we'll have nothing left.

The Constitution will be laughed at, scorned, legislated around or discarded.

Because we were fools. We entrusted Powerful Men with our fates instead of the Principles that kept them at bay.

#15     Oct 13, 2008