First AI ETF is out, would you buy at all?

Discussion in 'ETFs' started by GloriaBrown, Oct 21, 2017.

1. sss12

sss12

Your basic assumptions of alternative and differing asset classes are incorrect but, best of luck.

#31     Nov 4, 2017
    murray t turtle likes this.
  2. You sound like this AI etf trades with bond or whatever, no, it picks stocks to hold, same class as sp500.

#32     Nov 4, 2017
  3. Sig

Sig

You do understand modern portfolio theory and the value of uncorrelated return to an overall portfolio from a statistics standpoint? If not, then what sss12 is saying, and the logic the fund's founders are using, will be beyond you. That's not a ding on you, it's really an opportunity to learn something new that I think you'll find fascinating and we'll worth the time to take a couple MOOCs on.

#33     Nov 5, 2017
  4. AI etf cannot even beat buy and hold sp500 etf
    Would you buy this AI etf? Anyone would say no. This is a very simple common sense.

#34     Nov 5, 2017
  5. Sig

Sig

Well common sense also says the earth is flat and the sun revolves around it, that doesn't mean it's right.

Really, you ought to take at least the modern portfolio theory part of a finance class and if you haven't already a stats class before that. Like many things in life, this is non-obvious and "common sense" will give you the wrong answer. Anyone wouldn't say no, in fact anyone who had a basic finance education would ask a few more questions about correlation before they offered an opinion of any kind.

#35     Nov 5, 2017
  6. Then you write a letter to CNBC saying they are wrong

#36     Nov 6, 2017
  7. Sig

Sig

About the flat Earth and the sun? Sure thing!

Once you have the requisite background to talk about this I'm happy to discuss. At this point you're simply celebrating willful ignorance on your part, and that's just too painful for me to watch. Take that finance class and get back to us.

#37     Nov 6, 2017
  8. $24.55 now, trash AI lol xd

#38     Nov 7, 2017
  9. Maverick74

Maverick74

So short it? Free money no?

#39     Nov 7, 2017
  10. long SPY short this trash AI etf free money

#40     Nov 7, 2017