First AI ETF is out, would you buy at all?

Discussion in 'ETFs' started by GloriaBrown, Oct 21, 2017.

1. I agree, Pekelo...there's nothing new under the sun. The general concept of the market is as old as Moses.

If you truly want to breakaway from the pack...you have to be a really great discretionary trader.
    Make Trading Great Again, Pekelo....high-five

#11     Oct 21, 2017
    _eug_ likes this.
  2. Metamega

Metamega

When you make a portfolio of 70 stocks it's going to be hard not to perform like a index ETF

#12     Oct 21, 2017
  3. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

Unless you pick stocks that aren't diversified over some factor or criteria.

#13     Oct 21, 2017
  4. JackRab

JackRab

I need to get onto that stuff....

#14     Oct 23, 2017
  5. So far the performance is not good at all

#15     Oct 24, 2017
  6. This stock drops below its initial price today, so funny!

#16     Oct 25, 2017
    JackRab likes this.
  7. JackRab

JackRab

Yeah.. AI in trading... I don't get that.

I don't know how they designed it. But for me personally... if I would look at too many parameters, I suck at trading. Too much info isn't good, and not just because there's a lot of misinfo out there... and info that's already incorporated in price. It's almost like looking at a forest and not seeing the trees... not helpfull.

But companies that develop AI... that's interesting. The big ones are probably already valued pretty high, like google etc.

#17     Oct 25, 2017
  8. This so called "AI" is still below its initial price while sp500 keeps making new high, is this AI having IQ 50 or what?

#18     Oct 30, 2017
  9. Just did some simple math, just around 8 trading day this so called "AI" is around 0.8% worse than sp500 now. This is horrible! This AI thing would be annually 25% behind sp500 if you do the math!

#19     Oct 30, 2017
    murray t turtle likes this.
  10. at this moment today:
    DJI: 0% movement
    this IQ 50 etf: -0.71%
    this IQ 50 (may be only 30) etf is my watching list for shorting!

#20     Nov 2, 2017