First 100 hours - Draining GOP swamp

Discussion in 'Politics' started by dddooo, Oct 6, 2006.

1. Y'know, comments like these are what make me think you're a right-winger in disguise. You take these four out, replace them with the next four, you'd say the same thing. Even if you replaced every single one currently in congress, and replaced them with some other Democrats not running now (how about "Kos" of the Dailykos fame?) you'd still say the same thing.

As far as I can tell, you dislike these people simply because they're democrats.

Tell us four Democratic names that you really, absolutely like. I'll bet you cannot name them.

#21     Oct 9, 2006
  2. Just because I don't drink the kool-aid you call me a Republican. Those named are so far left they're not acceptable for any position.
    Four Democrats I like:
    Evan Bayh, Barack Obama, Joe Biden, Harold Ford Jr.

#22     Oct 9, 2006
  3. Take a nerve pill.

sheesh.

#23     Oct 9, 2006
  4. We've had the worst thing you can have...one party in control of everything. It's always bad news. Even if you hate the Democrats, we'll be better off to get the govt. split. Gridlock is what we need.

#24     Oct 9, 2006
  5. Oh my, I am shaking in my boots at the thought of not having Georgie and his band of whackos to protect me. Guess we just have to stick with this winning team.

#25     Oct 9, 2006
  6. Alright, I take it back. You're not a right winger. But I still think you're misguided. First of all, the first 3 on your list are senators and Ford is running for the senate and definitely won't return to the House, so you cannot have them lead the House. The Senate works differently than the House, and it usually has a moderating effect on the people. For example, Barbara Boxer has been much more moderate since she become a senator. So it's unfair to compare House Democrats to Senate Democrats.

Secondly, of the four you list, Obama has not shown that he has leadership ability - maybe he'll develop but so far he is mostly hype. Biden was accused of being a leftwing extremist in the previous Democratic controlled congress. I like Ford on your list the best.

#26     Oct 9, 2006
  7. Exactly...both parties are now controlled by their radical elements. It just stinks that we can't have reasonable, rational government.

bt

#27     Oct 9, 2006
  8. Well, that kinda makes my original point. The pickings in the house are thin, which why it's still a horse race. We'll see what happens, but in this climate it shouldn't even be close. You gotta admit that, right?

#28     Oct 9, 2006