Firms with the largest short list

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by giggollo, Feb 22, 2006.

1. Well put. The stocks were not just "in play" stocks but covered a wide spectrum so i think its representative. However, i agree about the limitation that the lists change daily and so these results should be taken with a few grains of salt.

#51     Mar 2, 2006
  2. A colleague kindly provided the SWIFT short list. Here are the results altogether:

RML Found 5947 of 11569 symbols (51%)
    GNDT Found 7168 of 11569 symbols (61%)
    IB Found 8632 of 11569 symbols (74%)
    SLK Found 8695 of 11569 symbols (75%)
    SWIFT Found 9522 of 11569 symbols (82%)

#52     Mar 2, 2006
  3. as i thought ib's list is stout. i've been with assent and genesis and assents list is the worst i've ever seen

#53     Mar 2, 2006
  4. Toonces

Toonces

Is this Swiftrade? Aren't they for Canadian traders?

#54     Mar 6, 2006
  5. mnx

mnx

yeah that's the swifttrade easy to borrow list I sent in...

mnx

#55     Mar 6, 2006
  6. def

def Sponsor

FYI, I'll copy a post IBj made regarding our new and soon to be implemented short locate policy....

Something better (perhaps) now available:
    When you try to short a stock, if it is rejected due to reg-SHO or availability criteria, a message will be send to a special SLB team. If there are enough requests (we use patterning algorithms that work over many days), or the stock or requestor meet certain criteria, we will do a manual locate (i.e. search) for the title.

If we find the stock, it becomes available within a few minutes on the TWS and a message is sent to the requestors' TWS informing them the stock is available and (soon) with an indicative rate, if the cost is higher than normal. We are not sending emails because people get enough spam, why add to the clutter (we may change this if enough people prefer it, or we may use the web/trouble ticket preferences which allows sending to email, cellphone, and TWS).

We will also add a request system to the web/trouble ticket system at some point although this is somewhat redundant.

#56     Mar 6, 2006
  7. zdreg

zdreg

popup on the tws station would allow for the quickest response.

#57     Mar 6, 2006
  8. Is it just me or has Genesis's easy to borrow list grown dramatically over the last few days? Has anybody else noticed this? Anyone from Genesis care to comment?

#58     Mar 14, 2006
  9. teddy

teddy

I heard that Genesis expanded their easy to borrow list with many big wall street firms.
    I think their easy-to-borrow list is very good.

#59     Mar 15, 2006
  10. Serge Pustelnik

Serge Pustelnik Genesis Securities

We have recently expanded our short list.
    We have relationships with many Wall Street firms in order to create a large available short list.

As of today, March 15th, 2006 we have:

7039 names

You may find out short list here:

http://www.gndt.com/support/shortlist_gnds.htm

Thank you.

#60     Mar 15, 2006