Firms that dont require series 56 exam

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by pbylina, Apr 6, 2012.

1. how do you expect to overcome competition from other traders and market makers if you are incapable of reading a manual and being test on it. It's not like you need a 90 to pass. Let's be honest, a 70 is a pretty low threshold.

Most of the stuff on the exam, all traders should know like market structure and how options are priced. You shouldn't be trading without understanding these concepts. The exam will only help you. You can also go ahead and list that prop on your resume because registering with a CBSX firm requires a u4, which is for employment in the financial industry so for new traders, the experience is very valuable. Every time any company does a background check, it will show up that you were registered and hold licenses. It's a lot better for your future to just pay the few hundred for the registration and take the exam.

If you still don't want to take the exam, you have to find a broker outside of the USA that has access to US markets but unless you have a fair amount of experience it's not advised that you just take your money off shore cause there is not the same oversight over those firms as regulated US firms that do require a series 56 have.

#21     Apr 9, 2012
  2. pbylina

pbylina

I will be taking the exam. It just seemed weird because I read that this test was for CBOE options traders and I just want trade stocks not options. Anyway, where is the test held at? CBOE?

#22     Apr 15, 2012
  3. The tests are at prometric testing centers across the country where all government licensing exams are contracted out to.

#23     Apr 16, 2012