Firm that offers sterling w/ their own dedicated IP

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by WhiteOut56, Mar 4, 2011.

1. which firms offer sterling w/ their own dedicated IP

Thanks

2. Where are you located?

3. traderP85

traderP85

did you find a firm? for me it feel like the servers are slow at the open

4. cstfx

cstfx

That's because of all the Chinese traders logging in at the same time that slows down the open.

To OP, not a prop, but Greenmoor in Chicago hosts their own Sterling. They might be able to put you in touch with one of the groups that trade thru them. Clears ML Pro.

5. lescor

lescor

Echotrade uses Sterling, but on their own servers.

6. DGunz

DGunz

Realistically, I am curious to know how much of a difference does this make. Is this just anecdotal. Say you were to send out hundreds of orders during the open, is sterling servers vs private a measurable difference? Anyone?

7. Yes. If you're sending out 200 orders and so are 200 other people, sterling's server is processing 40,000 orders. If it's just you and 10 guys, it's only processing 2,000.

8. We are very slow at the open and volume on the market it at one of it's lowest levels... Sterling sucks but I can't do much about it

9. DGunz

DGunz

Hi NY0B,

What if the servers are hosted on merrill, thats not sterling but wouldnt that be just as bad, since you are basically on a server that is processing all of merrills orders as well. Is that what is meant by non sterling server? Or is there yet a level up that is better, in which the actual prop firm itself has a server to process only the prop firms trades.

Interesting, thank you.

10. kipster

kipster

yeah sterling always gets flooded...

#10     Mar 31, 2011