Firm for pairs trading

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by rvg, Sep 1, 2013.

1. rvg

rvg

I am looking for a firm for pairs trading , do you know any firm specializing on pairs?
    I need to have a opportunity for cheap large leverage for overnight and a possibility of broken lot.

2. 1245

How much capital are you looking to put up? Bright does pairs trading but I don't know their minimum deposit.

3. dealmaker

dealmaker

Both ECHOtrade and Bright Trading specialize in pairs trading. You will need S7.

4. rvg

rvg

We have been working with a small firm and have a problem with a fee of overnight and a commision for broken lot( e.g. 81 shares instead 100) because we have to open about 50-60 position it take a lot money.
    Now we have leverage 1-6 for overnight, firm want to increase to 1-10, but they could not decrease a overnight fee and fee of broken lot and they could not give to us a FIX protocol.

5. dealmaker

dealmaker

Broken lot otherwise known as odd lot will be an issue at any firm. Sounds like you will need to increase your deposit, I don't think you will find a firm that will give you 1-10 over night.

6. rvg

rvg

You are right about Odd lot, we have found a firm with 1-10 overnight for pairs becouse we have a lot small market neutral positions , but it small off-shore firm, very small for our needs.
    Our deposits is fine. But we want to increase our profit.

7. 1245

Your profile says you live outside the USA. That's be an issue at many prop firms.

8. ofthomas

ofthomas

they do $50K if you bring your own strats and just need brokerage and you only get to carry 6x ... after some time/track record, they probably would do more...

that is what I was explained when I asked them directly...

9. the firms i have used before didn't allow odd lot shares so i had trouble being $neutral. is there any way around this where i can trade odd lots?

10. 1245

What was their reason for not allowing odd lots?

#10     Sep 1, 2013