Firing Back at Trump in the Trade War with Tariffs Aimed at His Base

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Sprout, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Sig

Sig

Interesting fact, cranberries are controlled by a cabal called Ocean Spray that would put everyone in charge of it in jail for a long long time if they were subject to the same anti-trust laws as every other for-profit business in the U.S. But they are but poor farmers banding together as a co-operative, so under the Capper-Volstead Act they get immunity from the anti-trust laws the rest of us have to follow. So no, you wouldn't be able to trade Cranberry derivatives and if you could you'd be up against a legal price fixing monopoly so probably not the best place for trading profits. Hope this screws all of them; greedy self-entitled, holier than thou farmers.

#11     Oct 4, 2018
    d08, maxinger, Sprout and 3 others like this.
  2. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

I always figured Ocean Spray was owned by Proctor and Gamble or something....

#12     Oct 4, 2018
  3. schweiz

schweiz

The fact that these people got elected was a shock for me. My image of smart Americans has changed a lot.
    Even a blind can see the idiocy of the Trump clan. And these people should run the US and can decide about a worldwar? Frightening to me.

How much was 17 times 6? LOL.

#13     Oct 4, 2018
    d08 likes this.
  4. gkishot

gkishot

And? Why shouldn't they? Is it Trump's fault? They do whatever is best for them. Trump does whatever is best for his country. This is the old principle at work: 'Give credit to others but pay yourself first'. This is how it works in the real world.

#14     Oct 4, 2018
  5. Sprout

Sprout

Not all americans, just a very vocal minority. The following article is insightful of the perfect storm (in the eyes of his base.)

The self-made man is a powerful idea and if one has given up on changing their own circumstance, even a Con fulfills the idea.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2018/10/the-cruelty-is-the-point/572104/

#15     Oct 4, 2018
  6. schweiz

schweiz

From my understanding between 45 and 50% of voters voted for him (depending on who's story to believe). No exactly a minority to me.

#16     Oct 4, 2018
    d08 likes this.
  7. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

wow the stupidity in this tread - so watching liberal news all day does in fact brainwash. i had my doubts but no longer. you guys are totally delusional, your hate for trump and the trump family has seriously blinded you.

well get use to it because the perversion of the left has peaked with 8 years of abuse by your boy wonder and his man wife. "elections have consequences" and now the giant true americans are fed up with with a minority of happy people wanting underage sex, free rides and a huge list of other perverted stuff.

i am shocked you are on et really what yall about 20 something with no job or retired gov workers?

#17     Oct 4, 2018
    ElectricSavant and motif like this.
  8. Sprout

Sprout

kenneth-field-map-1.w700.h467.jpg

About a quarter of the US population is non-registered to vote.

https://www.pewtrusts.org/en/resear...e-millions-of-citizens-not-registered-to-vote

A little more than half of registered voters turned out to vote.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/voter-turnout-2016-elections

Yes, depending on the bias, the numbers and images change.

The above particular one maps 1 vote = 1 dot.

Interesting to note, border towns with Mexico are predominately blue as well as Texas's urban centers.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/03/a-new-2016-election-voting-map-promotes-subtlety.html

Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
    #18     Oct 4, 2018
  9. Sprout

Sprout

Instead of ad hominem attacks, please dispute the documented facts please.

#19     Oct 4, 2018
    d08 likes this.
  10. Humpy

Humpy

THE slogan in 6 years time could be LAEA or let Americans eat again.
    Maybe being on the outside looking in one can see more clearly what is happening.
    And as a staunch ally it concerns us.
    Will just one man fry the planet with his climate change views ? If the icecaps melt sea levels are expected to rise 64 metres. If so it is goodbye to all the seaboard cities.

#20     Oct 4, 2018
    Sprout likes this.