Firewalls ?

Discussion in 'Networking and Security' started by babe714, Aug 18, 2001.

1. Babak

Babak

firewalls do not cause a delay

antivirus may do so if it is automatically checking everything that is downloaded from the net to your computer (check your antivirus to see if this is enabled)

I turn this active web filtering off when I'm trading (this is the only thing that I can think of that would cause a slow down in data feed)

#11     Aug 19, 2001
  2. babe714

babe714

I downloaded the Zone Alarm and tested it , everything is real secure. The trouble is I can't seem to access or navigate IB's TWS with ZA enabled . After I shut ZA off it worked fine . I use Scottrade for quotes and also noticed with ZA on it took longer for each page of stocks to load . Maybe I don't have enough ram ,160 mb .

#12     Aug 19, 2001
  3. Lancer

Lancer

#13     Aug 19, 2001
  4. Babe

IBS TWS does not normally work during the weekend and will normally come back on Sunday evening. Based on the time of your post you may have tried to access IB when it was not accessible anyway and tried again slightly later after it was accessible. Try using Zone Alarm again now that TWS is back online and see if it works.

I downloaded Zone Alarm today but couldn't access TWS until this evening. Everything now seems to be working fine.

#14     Aug 19, 2001
  5. def

def Sponsor

babe714,
    IB doesn't does allow logins till after 5PM sunday evening East Cost Time. That probably is your problem.

#15     Aug 19, 2001
  6. Eldredge

Eldredge

I am having trouble with TWS taking about 15 seconds to switch pages when I have ZA turned on. When it is off the page changes are instant. When I turn it back on, the first two or three changes are instant, then back to 15 seconds. I'm not sure what to do. Any suggestions?

#16     Aug 20, 2001
  7. babe714

babe714

IB's TWS now working properly with ZA on . The only difference I can notice so far is the pages take about 4 seconds to load instead of instantly . Thanks for all the help everyone .

#17     Aug 20, 2001