firewall is blocking my software

Discussion in 'Trading' started by TGpop, Aug 5, 2010.

1. TGpop

TGpop

i have windows 7 and i use AVG if that helps, i have downloaded ninjatrader and DAStrader demos, but can't acess them due to firewall; even though i have went through he control panel, allowed them through, and reset the computer it still says a firewall is blocking it

any help?!?!?

2. Bob111

Bob111

3. pspr

pspr

I've found fewer conflicts and faster computer by switching the firewall to Windows Defender and the anti-virus to Microsoft Security Essentials. Both are free from Microsoft.

4. TGpop

TGpop

thanks bob...still didn't work!

i've missed the open damn it

5. TGpop

TGpop

pspr i think i'll just try defender then, i cba to deal with all this!

6. Bob111

Bob111

since you missed open-then you have plenty of time to figure this one out..
    what exactly didn't work? no changes at all?
    did you disable the firewall completely? comeback and double check.is there is something like security center ? i would disable this one too. what in the message, when firewall blocking your soft?

7. TGpop

TGpop

i disabled it completely; didn;t work, even after resetting it

8. Bob111

Bob111

what you are getting(messages,pop ups-whatever)?can you post screen shoot or just type exact message? did you tried to contact ninjas support?

you mentioned avg-is there is firewall in this application too? or it's just antivirus soft?
    maybe you did disable win firewall,but another firewall from AVG preventing ninjas soft to go online?

9. TGpop

TGpop

i havent disabled AVG; i don't know how, i searched for it but all i can find is the installer

10. Bob111

Bob111

does avg have separate firewall? i can't help you, if you doesn't provide answers on questions above

#10     Aug 5, 2010