Fires in USA out of control

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Humpy, Jun 9, 2011.

1. Humpy

Humpy

Huge fires are blazing in Arizona completely out of control

Seems to happen regularly in the USA

If the politicians had a working brain cell between them they would make it law to have lines of 100 ft towers, on ridges in the danger areas - turn on the tap when needed to let the wind carry a fine mist of water across 1000s of yards of trees.

Expensive - not really if the fires are going to waste 10,000s of acres of woodland, houses etc.

2. turn on the tap when needed to let the wind carry a fine mist of water across 1000s of yards of trees.

----------------------

The water would be steam in an instant.

3. Wildfires are important to provide ash to the forest. Ash is rich in nutrients/food for trees and plants. Do not stop wildfires since they are nature's gift. If there is no wildfire then there will be massive quantities of dry and rotten woods, leaves, grass for many years and insects, bugs and pests will multiply under this situation.

4. lol. do you have any concept of how big the area is you are talking about?

5. Fires are a natural occurence. It is nature's way to rid herself of the pest that is man. Good thing its not working.

6. Lucrum

Lucrum

That much is true. In fact if I'm not mistaken the fires are actually good in the long term.

7. I was thinking before human beings arrived on Earth, there must be many billions and possibly Trillions more Trees on Earth. So there must be 10,000 or 100,000 times more wood and leaves on Earth.

So what would be Wildfires, in those years when there was no human being on Earth.

8. Humpy

Humpy

I was assuming and perhaps wrongly that the forests were planted for the timber.

If they are just scrub then I would agree they need to be cleared out every so often, but if they were planted 20/30 years ago for timber then besides the polution, then its a big waste of money and effort.

Many homes were burnt down in the Cali fires recently