fireplace question

Discussion in 'Politics' started by marketsurfer, Jan 10, 2004.

1. Fireplaces produce CO2 and airborne hydrocarbons -both deleterious to your health.

#11     Jan 10, 2004
  2. Check out my previous post. It spells it out there.

#12     Jan 10, 2004

3. i have round green logs from a evergreen tree that a storm blew over in the summer. i ignite them with a fake log, they dont burn very well---any suggestions ?

surfer

#13     Jan 10, 2004

4. chicks dig fireplaces.

:D :p :D

#14     Jan 10, 2004
  5. Move to the Outer Bank. We have all electric homes here and heat pumps. Plus our electric companies are regulated by the state and every time we have a hurricane, we have tons and tons of hickory and oak firewood that is free for the asking.

#15     Jan 10, 2004

6. my house is all electric with a heat pump. however, the electric company here is the most expensive in the nation. i am tempted to run gas lines to the house--the gas company will do it for free based on my current electric usage. the electric bills are BRUTAL this time of year--enough for a small office building i am sure.

surfer :)

#16     Jan 10, 2004
  7. $100/cord because It's just piled- not neatly stacked. I think a neatly stacked cord here costs $120

#17     Jan 10, 2004
  8. You shouldn't breathe fireplaces for same reason you shouldn't eat smoked food. XX DANGER! XXXX HYDROCARBONS! XX

#18     Jan 10, 2004
  9. Everything is dangerous. I don't care to live past age 70 anyhow.... The brightest stars burn out the fastest.

#19     Jan 10, 2004
  10. Thankfully, North Carolina never fell for that deregulation of electric utilities scam.

The Outer Banks is really a great place to live. Its warmer than the rest of North Carolina in winter and cooler in the summer because of the ocean and the taxes are really low.

In the fall it becomes a veritable paradise up until January. The low here today was 26 degrees f. It snowed once last year and once so far this year but it didn't stick.

#20     Jan 10, 2004