Firefox vs. Chrome

Discussion in 'Networking and Security' started by DataCruncher, Feb 13, 2009.

1. 1. What version of firefox? Sounds like you might be on 3.0 still - also apples for apples comparisons start without add-ons which can make a big difference to load times. The article above compares 3.1 with google and 3.1 wins one variation and loses the other but the differences are less than 10% each way. 3.2 seems better than 3.1

2. same question, same comment that test results don't support it if you're on at least 3.1

3. On firefox 3.2 the behaviour is exactly the same, type google or cisco or whatever and it finds it. I think 3.1 is the same and I'm pretty sure IE8 is too.

4. What do you mean?

5. You can do that with firefox too???

#31     Feb 22, 2009
  2. the name crome just scares me. i haven't tried it yet, not sure i will

#32     Feb 22, 2009
  3. jaley

jaley

"Google Chrome for Linux is in development and a team of engineers is working hard to bring it to you as soon as possible."

in about:config in Firefox add a new setting nglayout.initialpaint.delay and set it to 0.
    Firefox normally waits 250ms before displaying anything..
    and change network.http.pipelining to true

#33     Feb 22, 2009
  4. Ok, you have turned the point of racial bias to political backlash.

I have no interest to debate politics with you here. Neither ET is such a place. I only want to say one thing:

Don't talk about things you don't know well to pretend you are knowledgable. If you have deep knowledge in the history of China and the world, if you have some first-hand experiences in China, if you know that in 2008 the company which has more PCT patent filing in the world is acutally a Chinese company (its name is Huawei)...you will laugh at how little you know about China and the change is undergoing in today's China.

My advice to you:

Spend more time to study history and gain more first-hand experiences. Leave those childish comments behind. These will serve you in the long run.

#34     Feb 23, 2009