Firefox vs. Chrome

Discussion in 'Networking and Security' started by DataCruncher, Feb 13, 2009.

1. Its not a racial bias.

I know, often like, and sometimes admire a large number of chinese and have for years. From Taiwan, the straights, and those that have escaped from China or more recently left freely. Not one. Lots.

Its about the country and the current dominant commy/cap culture. China is a predatory nation in an expansionist phase. There is also a huge amount of theft of intellectual property. Finally there is disgusting abuse of civil liberties. Forget the square ... just look at where the state gets its body parts.

Disgusting. And for google to support the suppression of the Chinese people (whichever of many races they might belong to) is a strong statement about google's morals.

This isn't about race you dipstick ... its about a Government and system that is corrupt, abuses its people, and is getting help from Google to do that. Its googles morals that I called into question.

#21     Feb 19, 2009
  2. chrome.period

#22     Feb 19, 2009
  3. dinoman

dinoman

Firefox better all around, but Chrome is faster.

Firefox!!!

#23     Feb 19, 2009
  4. Are you sure that chrome is faster (than the latest variants). I'm running firefox 3.2 and I haven't been able to pick a difference whereas chrome was definitely faster than 3.0

What about the speed increase a user gets when he doesn't have to read all the adverts or jump around a poorly formatted page where the adverts were removed crudely?

#24     Feb 19, 2009
  5. I don't know anything about security... all I know is Chrome is fast and user friendly.

#25     Feb 21, 2009
  6. Google Personalized Search is very convenient.

Let's say you are into dealing drugs...
    Making explosive devices in your meth lab...
    With some blackmail, extortion and enforcement on the side...
    And you have an STD and bleeding hemorrhoids...
    And bad breath and a wooden leg...
    And you are an illegal alien with warrants out for your arrest...
    But, of course, you are innocent...
    And you have highly specialized tastes in pr0n.

Google knows YOU and cares about YOU...
    And will very helpfully save you time and trouble...
    With Google Personalized Search automatically running custom searches...
    And serving you highly targeted ads for things you need.

Google knows you need help...
    So they will make sure you cannot turn anything off...
    And they would never, ever erase...
    Your very important search/browsing history...
    But save it at great cost to them...
    Even after you are dead...
    Because you may well have faked your own death...
    And will still need Google's kind help.

#26     Feb 21, 2009
  7. Mup

Mup

Another vote for Opera :)

#27     Feb 21, 2009
  8. Chrome.
    It's got a ways to go but I still think its excellent.

#28     Feb 21, 2009
  9. Hmmm.

Which is faster?

http://lifehacker.com/5044668/beta-browser-speed-tests-which-is-fastest

This tests against the pre-release versions of chrome/ff/ie8 before the (faster) version of firefox I now use. Seems the work that was done on 3.1 paid off.

So if you care to use ff3.1 or the faster 3.2 then you no longer have to believe someone who says "chrome is fastest." It just ain't so :)

#29     Feb 21, 2009
  10. After using firefox for many years, I decided to try the chrome beta.

1)Chrome does load faster. Try both firefox and chrome on a dual core intel computer with over 1 GB of memory, and Chrome loads up almost instantly.

2) My websites that I use the most load faster

3) I like the fact that I can just type google in the address bar and press enter, and google's web site comes up.

4) Took me a little while but figured out that by pressing ctrl-b will bring up or hide the bookmarks. I think I will use chrome for just going to my main sites, and let firefox clog up my computer with bookmarks.

5) I was able to setup myyahoo as my home page without problems since I use that with firefox.

I never thought I would want to use another browser after using firefox, but I actually like this one better.

#30     Feb 21, 2009