Firefox vs Chrome

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by brocklanders, Sep 14, 2008.

1. Has anyone else tried Google's new browser Chrome? I've been a Firefox user for a couple of years and decided to try it this morning. I finally got sick of Firefox's memory hog issues (even with Version 3).

I have to say that I'm pretty impressed with Chrome so far. It seems to use MUCH less memory than Firefox and is faster too. In a side-by-side comparison it uses about half the memory from what I can see. The bookmark toolbar is pretty handy also. Video playback seems to work seamlessly with all sites I have tried so far.

Anyone else had any experience with it?

2. Call me an old fuddy-duddy, but Chrome would have to fix dinner and give me a foot massage to convince me to switch from Firefox.

3. I thought the same thing when I was an IE user before going to Firefox. Chrome has some work to do but the biggest gripe I've had with Firefox has been the memory leakage. At times I've seen Firefox using 500mb+ of memory. That is insane and they haven't fixed it even with version 3. I still like all of the third-party add-ons that Firefox has attracted and I will keep a copy around just for that purpose.

Chrome also imports all Firefox bookmarks and other settings so you don't lose anything you've saved. I was expecting not to like Chrome as much as I am which is pretty impressive since it is only version 0.2!

4. Is chrome virus proof. I've never gotten one with firefox.

5. gnome

gnome

Doubt anything is virus proof... but chrome is new enough there hasn't been much time to design viri... and there probably are not that many users yet, so little incentive for malware guys to do their evil.