Firefox 4

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by dhpar, Mar 22, 2011.

1. bellman

bellman

It may not be the cool thing to do, but msft has won me back with IE9. I had been using chrome for the past year.

#11     Apr 4, 2011
  2. pupu

pupu

FF4 has this annoying bug where the back button just stop working.....still using it though

#12     Apr 4, 2011
  3. I have been using Chrome for the past year or so but I have now switched back to Firefox... really like the feel of the new version.

Not sure if it's just me but the new Firefox appears to be running faster then Chrome

#13     Apr 4, 2011
  4. how much RAM does firefox 4 use compared to the last version of 3.6?

#14     Apr 4, 2011
  5. Slightly less.

And Pale Moon uses slightly less still (less rubbish included).

Funnily enough, even though I like Pale Moon, I am sticking with Chrome 10.0. I suspect pages rendering faster is no longer an issue. What I like about chrome is:

- the new tabs page is clear and easy to use (the ff addons all feel like cludges and I tried them all ...)

- with the same addons chrome does start with a snappiness that beats ff and pmoon, something I see regularly as I do close my browser.

- the Goo.gl URL shorter for chrome is "nicer"

So overall, it just feels a little nicer to me. Pale Moon is my backup browser.

#15     Apr 5, 2011
  6. dlonET

dlonET

FF4 is a fantastic performer, and like everyone else I was looking at Chrome and 3.6 but I was nicely surprised when I downloaded for a trail run
    Thanks

#16     Apr 6, 2011
  7. who uses the button? Alt-Left Arrow

#17     Apr 6, 2011
  8. Who uses alt-left arrow besides computer nerds?

#18     Apr 7, 2011
  9. montysky

montysky

Why use 2 keys when one will do. Backspace.

The speed gain to me is not worth it. FF4 has the ugliest font rendering I've ever seen. It was unbearable I had to turn off the direct2d rendering after a few hours. That fixed most of the fonts but some still renders horribly. IE does render the fonts nicely for a clunker.

#19     Apr 7, 2011
  10. Can you give us some examples of sites that have font rendering problems. I use chrome and fox fairly interchangeably and don't notice an issue so I'd be interested to see it.

#20     Apr 7, 2011